Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Finland

"windows-1252" language bug?

11 posts in this topic

Hello!

I do not know why, but almost all of the text labeled "windows-1252"! dry.gif

Strangely, I did not do any adjustments, I just installed the software.

i have a similar problem, the language does not function at all. i tried with both (x86 and x86-64) builds, but nothing happens. i also startet ApexDC without the old setting files and different language files... the result was the same, no matter which language file i use

i have a similar problem, the language does not function at all. i tried with both (x86 and x86-64) builds, but nothing happens. i also startet ApexDC without the old setting files and different language files... the result was the same, no matter which language file i use

This is just a wild guess but make sure your language files are really saved as utf-8.

This is just a wild guess but make sure your language files are saved as utf-8.

on version 1.2.2 the language file worked just fine, on 1.3 the language will always stay english. i did as you said and saved the file as utf-8... same as before

I just now tried the Italian translation for 1.3.0, updated by diabolik2186, and it works just fine...

I just now tried the Italian translation for 1.3.0, updated by diabolik2186, and it works just fine...

ok, that means the problem is within the german language file. i only tried different german versions, but not different languages. italian works just fine as you said.

EDIT:

ok, there was an error within the xml code, i fixed it, but i'd like to know why this problem appears in v1.3 the first time

"<String Name="SetstrongdcBlackWhite">Schwarz & Weis</String>"

there seems to be a problem with the '&'... i deleted it and it works

problem solved

ok, that means the problem is within the german language file. i only tried different german versions, but not different languages. italian works just fine as you said.

EDIT:

ok, there was an error within the xml code, i fixed it, but i'd like to know why this problem appears in v1.3 the first time

"<String Name="SetstrongdcBlackWhite">Schwarz & Weis</String>"

there seems to be a problem with the '&'... i deleted it and it works

problem solved

The xml parser has changed (coming all the way from recent DC++), that's why... also that & should be &amp;

This is just a wild guess but make sure your language files are really saved as utf-8.

Oops! blushing.gifI am ashamed, I apologize in vain for the inconvenience. I looked at the language file, and there was:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" standalone="yes"?>

I use one of the old DC++ Finnish language file. whistling.gif