Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gew

"Ignore all PM" feature?

4 posts in this topic

Hiya!

I don't use DC to chat, but to retrieve files. I'm sick of all the bot-sent privs I get all the time. Please tell me that there is some sort of "Ignore ALL private messages" checkbox somewhere in the settings menu, I've made a foreseeable search for it but wo/ any luck. This is the main feature I missed in the good ol' DC++ .674, and I assumed that I had some developer out there who felt the same, and had written a tiny scrap of code for it; thus downloaded bcdc/strongdc/apexdc/revconnect.

Now, how do I reach sucess in having all all PM's ignored/never showing up..? :whistling:

Ty in adv.

Fair enough(?), I found the "Close all PM boxes" click in the Window dropdown-menu. Always something. Anyways, since 'em stupid bots keep flaming my sorry ass about ie. "Search disabled unless you share xx gb's" and suchlike, it's a daaarn lots of Window/Close all PM's clicks. Would be easier if they didn't come up at all. Still nothing? Oh, partly off-topic but I just had my first freeze. It's true what they say about v1.2.1, it crashes. Celeron CPU here.

First, if you only use DC for share (no chat), then why do you connect to hubs that keep sending you "Search disabled unless you share xx gb's" ? On those hubs you can not search and download.

Second: Settings -> Appearance -> Windows -> Ignore private messages from the hub & Ignore private messages from bots.

Hope this helps.

For blocking the annoying messages you can use the antispam plugin (find it in the plugins subforum). This is when you know what the message contains.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0