Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abandon

two beefs with Apex

3 posts in this topic

First is there does not seem to be an option for turning off zone alarm detection. I have used zone alarm with Peerweb for a year, and never any problems. I also hate being told what software I can and can't use by other software, more than once. A warning is apt if the developers feel it is necessary, but it must be able to be turned off (or am I missing the option somewhere).

Second - There does not seem to be a 'small send buffer' that was on DC and PW - in our country this function has been vital to maintain speeds, as adsl UL / DL are at hisgh variance. I am not sure if the 'write buffer' is the same thing ...

Both these things are killer functions for me - I'd never change to a client that did not have them.

:(

cheers.

First is there does not seem to be an option for turning off zone alarm detection. I have used zone alarm with Peerweb for a year, and never any problems. I also hate being told what software I can and can't use by other software, more than once. A warning is apt if the developers feel it is necessary, but it must be able to be turned off (or am I missing the option somewhere).

That is there look in advanced page, near at the end of the list :)

Second - There does not seem to be a 'small send buffer' that was on DC and PW - in our country this function has been vital to maintain speeds, as adsl UL / DL are at hisgh variance. I am not sure if the 'write buffer' is the same thing ...

Both these things are killer functions for me - I'd never change to a client that did not have them.

:D

cheers.

I'll take a look to that option :)

aha - "Detect Conflicting Software"

:D

that's one of two beefs solved. There's a thread on the small send buffer in requested features, by the kindly wizard Goralf, so maybe refer to that thread for this topic .....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0