Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mek

CTM vs RevCTM

4 posts in this topic

Okay, the topic title is a little confusing, let me explain my situation:

On a campus I am behind a firewall with only one TCP and one UDP port forwarded (56000). I am active on internet hubs and everything works fine.

However, I have a 2 GB upload limit which applies to all non-port-56000 traffic.

Example:

I am in active mode, as stated previously.

When I am downloading from a passive user or the passive user is downloading from me - he connects to me, so all the traffic is on port 56000 - no limit is applied

When I am downloading from an active user, or this active user is downloading from me - my client connects to him, src port is not 56000 - limit is applied - and, accidentally, the 2 GB limit is reached and I am disconnected from the internet completely.

What I am suggesting, is a feature which could be turned on somewhere in the advanced settings. If the DC protocol allows it, make even the active users connect to me, not otherwise. If the DC protocol does not allow this behaviour, at least make the outgoing connections have src port as set in the settings of active mode - is it even possible?

Hopefully this was clearly explained, if not, then ask :)

i suppose the whole connection settings section lacks functionality and usability, but it's what to be rewritten in dc++ and merged with apex after some time

that this particular case isnt covered in settings is hardly surprising as it is a somewhat uncommon concept.

That doesnt mean apex

whole connection settings section lacks functionality and usability

actually, i dont see any good solution that will use just one port and still allow sevaral up- and downloads at the same time.

actually, i dont see any good solution that will use just one port and still allow sevaral up- and downloads at the same time.

it might be possible, as currently multiple downloads/uploads from/to passive users (when you are in active mode) occur at this one port simultaneously :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0