Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lotus

chat scanner

4 posts in this topic

What do you think about implementing a simple but robust chat scanner like most hubsofts have, only this will be a client scanner ? For example if someone say f*** in mainchat/prvivate, his message will be ignored and eventually a +report will be generated... or, if I have OP on that hub, a "!kick <nick> Behave yourself!"...

lol then ill get kicked an banned 20 times per day so this idea is just ****ing dumb :)

lol then ill get kicked an banned 20 times per day so this idea is just ****ing dumb :)

Ditto, I'll get banned from my own hub....:>)

Of course, the words can be manually edited... so you may chose "hello", "please help me", "can I ask something?" etc instead of f***... :)

Now, seriously. Then forget about +report or +kick. But I don't like the way you talk, and you don't like what I proposed... so different opinions. So, I think it is very good to be able to ignore your remarks... as well as for you to ignore my nice and polite questions on the hub... isn't it ? Thus, you will remain in my eyes a nice and polite (also rather quiet) operator... :)

And, of course, as I forget to mention, the settings should be per hub.... not global :)

On a second thought, perhaps it is a bad idea because I may chose whatever I want to ignore, and the operators and the bub will start to lose their centralized power, because no one will know who what ignores and what sees... so the scanner part should be left upon the hubs shoulders and the client should just obey... I think this is the way, yes...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0