alifantis

Search doesn`t show any results

14 posts in this topic

Hi, i am using apex dc for some time now but i bought a new PC, and when I search it doesnt display any results .It shows the filtered things in teh corner but i can`t see anything no mather of the hub/hubs i am on.Can somebody help me ? If it`s about the antivirus i use a daily updated Kaspersky.Thanks ;)

Hi, i am using apex dc for some time now but i bought a new PC, and when I search it doesnt display any results .It shows the filtered things in teh corner but i can`t see anything no mather of the hub/hubs i am on.Can somebody help me ? If it`s about the antivirus i use a daily updated Kaspersky.Thanks :thumbsup:

should be something with your Firewall and your ports!

Have you tried to search in passive mode?

How can I search in passive mode or what can i do with my firewall?I tried disabling it but the same results .So what can I do about teh ports? Thanks.

How can I search in passive mode or what can i do with my firewall?I tried disabling it but the same results .So what can I do about teh ports? Thanks.

It sounds like you need to open ports for your client, either in your windows firewall settings, or if you are using a router, in your router.

Ok, but how do I open them?Thanks.

which one? windows or router?

if you are running xp got to your window firewalls setting and open a tcp and udp port for apexdc++..if you have XP you will find it in the control panel.

If you are behind a router, you must have both the windows firewall, either open or turned off, then get into your router setup, in the port range forwarding.

No, doesn`t work I searched on the web but the step by step help they offered didn`t do.Could you please tell me how to do it cause I cant download anything and it`s frustrating

No, doesn`t work I searched on the web but the step by step help they offered didn`t do.Could you please tell me how to do it cause I cant download anything and it`s frustrating

try this site and learn.http://portforward.com/

No, doesn`t help but thanks anyway.I tried checking the ports in the apex connection settings and the TCP failed to connect but the UDP is good and it says partially connected.Maybe this is the cause?

Yes this is what we have been trying to get at. Your only partially connected because you ports aren't open :roll:

Go to settings and change yourself to passive, then it will work.

Yes, fine, but if you have real IP address, you should try hard to set up active mode. There are many advantages for you and the community.

It would seem many people lack the knowledge to set up active mode. So passive mode is the simpler option. Too many variables affect active so even if you do get it working it may borksor on reboot.