YouKnowWho

Convert magnetlinks into human readable links

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

this is a request for both StrongDC and ApexDC, if possible.

In our hubs, we have release lists. At the moment, magnetlinks are shown this way:

magnetcy4.jpg

It would be much nicer if they could be shown this way (Greylink style):

z5p2w.jpg

Thanks for considering this!

That might be a bit difficult at this moment as their web site is down where they offer the source code. I don't want to advertise this client in any way either, maybe BigMuscle has a copy of the source.

I have only found 2 clients so far which use this display style, greylink and pelink, and neither offer a source code, unfortunately.

That might be a bit difficult at this moment as their web site is down where they offer the source code.

Here it is. Just look on Internet more deeply :). But even - I didn't see e any source code, but I saw many EXCLUSIVE extras ( here is English translation ), like:

• Recover download using TTH;
  • Magnet link catalogs;
  • Priorities for shared files;
  • Fixed lang #%%^#%^35 ( Latin -> Cyrillic );
  • And many other unique opportunity (to appear in other clients much later - as they say in the page).

It would be very good to be integrated/fixed as soon as possible... someone delivers the source code :thumbsup:.

PLEASE delete that address for god's sake, there was a REASON I didn't post the webpage!!!

Just as there was a reason for me to ask a patch... I was well aware that greylink (and pelink for that matter) break gpl by not supplying source code and that was the exact reason why I replied the way I did.

I have no idea what you're going on about, but surely you don't want the address of a leecher/faker client being posted here.

I have no idea what you're going on about, but surely you don't want the address of a leecher/faker client being posted here.

That's not what I meant... and if you look carefully I have removed the actual links already (removed right after reading that post).

Ever heard of google?

If anyone really wants the client, they will google it. The links dont really matter.

it would also be nice to add hints on those magnet links, which show the full magnet link in original

something like ALT/TITLE attributes of IMG tag (in html)

Don't bother with Apex, they are obviously not willing/capable to make these changes as you can see above. Get -- instead, a legit client. Just delete the ini files and russian.xml to convert it to english.

youknowwho please refrain from being a dumbass

crise has made the changes needed in the beta version that we are testing now hope u feel as dumb as your post looks and how can u actually support a leech client ? just do me a favour dont stay on dc move on to another p2p platform cause your actually not supporting the DC Community by posting piece of **** msgs like this

Took the liberty of reporting your msg to moderators aswell.. im really disappointed with u

<Crise> vty-sifa.r04 (95,37 MB) test
Edited by Toast

The pelink client is not a leecher client, that was greylink. Who's the dumbass? And a simple message from the developers that they will try to implement it instead of giving us the finger with "YOU provide a patch" would have prevented some hostility, don't you think?

Pe(e)link support $BanMSG in the NMDC protcol who gave the right to a user to decided who can download and who can not isnt that up to the hubowner to set min max share ?

and what the **** are u whining about u wanted this feature and it will be in the next apex but instead u come here and promote a leech client thats a GPL Violator what did u think was going to happen did u think we were gonna say hey its okey or what ?

As far as I can see in another thread here it's Apex that's violating the GPL. Now I see from the style of your posts why you keep getting banned in other forums.

As far as I can see in another thread here it's Apex that's violating the GPL.

Maybe so but that doesn't excuse Pelink for it's own GPL violation in any way as far as I can see...

It's about time to end this tug of war here... because quite frankly I don't have any obligation to tell anyone what I plan to do with Apex nor when I plan to do it. I have neither the time nor interest to reply in every feature request or bug report just to give a status update.