neonremz

Slow internet speeds

5 posts in this topic

My internet (Comcast) is really slow when im uploading in Apex. How can i make it so it won't use as much bandwidth?

My internet (Comcast) is really slow when im uploading in Apex. How can i make it so it won't use as much bandwidth?

Just use the built-in limiter, or google QoS. :)

Change ISP

Comcast is trafficshaping all P2P Software

Change ISP

Comcast is trafficshaping all P2P Software

I have Comcast and I have no issues. I simply in advance settings have the garbage over TCP connection settings checked and my limiter set to 114k down and 29k up. Comcast has yet to traffic shape my P2P at all. Infact the only thing they seem to shape around here is torrents, but that is no surprise as it has been all over the news. I don't use torrents myself as there is to much of a risk anyhow. I am actually quite satisfied with Comcast. When they took over the company I had my price went down and my speeds stayed the same. I rarely loose my connect and have no issues with any traffic shaping outside of torrents. I really do not understand some of the fuss over Comcast especially coming from people who don't use Comcast or never will.

If your using Comcast post a message I wanna hear what others overall experience with it has been.

don't limit it to a slower value, but use sg to priorize/optimize your programs using the connection ( cfos for example, but you can google the words "netshape" "priorize net" etc ... )