Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jumpingjimmy

user account control popping up when running 1.0.1

24 posts in this topic

hey everyone, just a quick question i was running Apex 0.4.0 with no problems then upgraded to 1.0.1. Since then whenever i open the program the User Account Control in vista pops saying it is an unidentified prgram and you have click 'allow' for the program to run. Tried un-installing it and reinstalling 1.0.1 but still same result. Only difference i can see between the 0.4.0 and 1.0.1 versions is the 1.0.1 version icon appears to have the administrator symbol in it. 2ezh5zc.jpg

Is there anyway to overcome this without disabling the User Account Control? Cause i dont really want to do that. thanks

Yes, don't use your administrator account as your primary account for daily use :(

Yes, don't use your administrator account as your primary account for daily use :(

i dont think i have an administrator account i only have 1 account. None of my other programs do this i think its something to do apex

i dont think i have an administrator account i only have 1 account. None of my other programs do this i think its something to do apex

Well if you only have one account, that account has admin privileges, as if the account Apex is run on is regular user account, what you experience does not happen :(

Turn UAC off altogether, it's a terrible feature.

Also, I run vista with Admin priv's. It works fine.

Turn UAC off altogether, it's a terrible feature.

Also, I run vista with Admin priv's. It works fine.

If you run it there must be a way to stop it coming up!

If you run it there must be a way to stop it coming up!

Yes, the way is to disable UAC. Please do not ask again until done so. :)

Yes, the way is to disable UAC. Please do not ask again until done so. :)

lol ok. Point is disabling UAC aint good for your computer so is the last option!

lol ok. Point is disabling UAC aint good for your computer so is the last option!

Point is, with all my respect, that you can't explain it better than "not good for your computer". Thinking in this way, Windows is not good for ANY computer, especially Vista. But I am on Windows by force of habit, will not use Vista any time soon tho.

i. e. Do not believe/use all the sh*t which has been bugged build in by MS. Many people here have had your problem, disabled UAC, nothing bad happened, they are still happy. :)

Considering UAC can be easily circumvented by malicious programs it provides no benefit whatsoever. All it does is bug you about genuine programs doing genuine things.

I already told how to prevent this from happening while UAC is on in my post :)

I already told how to prevent this from happening while UAC is on in my post :thumbsup:

thanks was just wondering if there is another way, seeing i never had a problem with the older Apex. :rolleyes:

Why can't you just disable that stupid UAC ? There was no UAC in Win3.11, Win95, Win98, WinME, Win2000 or WinXP and there was no problems, so why should there be a problem in Vista? Maybe because Vista is so dangerous and unsecure OS that it needs UAC? maybe, I have UAC disabled and no problem.

If you still refuse to disable UAC, then stop asking question to solve your problem.

Why can't you just disable that stupid UAC ? There was no UAC in Win3.11, Win95, Win98, WinME, Win2000 or WinXP and there was no problems, so why should there be a problem in Vista? Maybe because Vista is so dangerous and unsecure OS that it needs UAC? maybe, I have UAC disabled and no problem.

If you still refuse to disable UAC, then stop asking question to solve your problem.

Thanks, I was expecting a user out of the Support group to provide "clear" answer, I've tried being polite. :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

True, however BM tells it like it is, like me, and that, mon ami, is not a bad thing.

Exactly, I am not criticizing BM for anything (aside from some major annoyances in the client, but this is another topic).

Exactly, I am not criticizing BM for anything (aside from some major annoyances in the client, but this is another topic).

The real question is why does this pop up in Apex1.0.1 when it didnt for earlier versions. :)

The Apex creators/programmers should try and fix this.

bad mood mate? :)

The real question is why does this pop up in Apex1.0.1 when it didnt for earlier versions. :)

The Apex creators/programmers should try and fix this.

Why should I fix something I intentionally changed? :)

Then again, even though I provided a valid solution earlier in this topic, I can't stand your whining either.

Vista has UAC enabled by default, and the majority of users have no clue how to disable it.

Our software shouldn't hinder beginners. :)

DC is not a beginner app to begin with. It's too difficult to set up.

Also, Crise does not need to fix anything, it's MS that need's to fix a buggy UAC.

bad mood mate? :)

Just ignore him, he is always rude with lamerz. :):( (half-j/k)

@Lee - yep, Satan's right, we are supporting Apex, not Vista (last is just not in human power :)).

Don't get me wrong guys, once Vista gets to a stage where it isn't riddled with bugs, by all means, work with it, but at mo, it's buggy! :)

Don't get me wrong guys, once Vista gets to a stage where it isn't riddled with bugs, by all means, work with it, but at mo, it's buggy! :)

It's buggy? There's only one bug I know of that affects me, and that's arguably not Vista's fault. (My Computer won't sleep properly - but this should be fixable with a BIOS update.)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0