Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shasoosh

Download speed problem

4 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm new to apex, not new to DC++ and I'm experiencing a weird speed problem. Im behind a router and my dc ports are open there fore im "Active" but my download speed doesn't go over 3 Kb on a 4Mbit connection. I'm sure there's a speed guide somewhere in the forum but i didn't managed to find such a thing. I'd be happy if someone can direct me or can give me a few pointers for possible cause to speed issues.

Thanks guys!

Download speed depends on many factors, among which the upload speed of the opposite peer, no. of opposite peers, etc. But if you are sure you should get better spped, probably your ISP is throttling you. From here you have two ways to go:

1. Ask your ISP directly and be ready to use another one. :)

2. Diplomatically put checks on "Send garbage on incoming connections" and "Send garbage on outgoing connections" ..to avoid ISP P2P throttling. These are neighbor in File>>Settings>>Advanced.

well.. my isp never gave me any problems with p2p. Garbage is ticked both ways. Maybe you can recommend me of a popular file i can try to download and i'll report back

Well, popular file is any file with many users, and free slot from most ones... A 50-100MB+ file is big enuf to measure. Maybe searching for some Linux distro...

P. S. I assume U do not use any speed limiters.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0