Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xdisa

Quick nick change

7 posts in this topic

How about some commands for change nicks? :)

If hub is in favorites, command /nick <nick> change user's nick in hub's properties, and reconnect.

Else nick will be changed until client closed.

Command /dnick <nick> (default nick) changes user's nick in settings (and reconnect to all not favorite hubs).

And command /anick <nick> (all nicks) changes user's nick in settings and in all favorite hub's properties (and reconnect to all hubs).

A genius has just spoiled my 9-step guide for registration. :mellow: But for /dnick and /anick better have an annoying "Are you sure" dialog. :thumbsup:

In principle ADC protocol supports nick change without reconnection.

It's true , when you are in ADC hubs you can change nick without reconnect to hub (typing !mynick "your-new-nick") but you have to do it for each hub .

And if not on adc hub? God knows when and if most hubs will turn to adc. Until then, this is not bad.

i don't know if it is possible as in NMDC hubs , users are identicated (only) from their nick . (if you are registred in an NMDC hub , you can change ip , client , share......but if change your nick ,you won't be reconized)

I think it is because with NMDC protocol , when a client connect to another , it sends the command “$Mynick user_nick”

ADC allows change of nick because you are identificated from your CID

(or not ? sometimes protocols are soo mysterious for me :P )

Right, at least afaicr.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0