Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wozZwasted

Please Help! - Patrial Connection

5 posts in this topic

I cant perform searches... even in passive mode... through people have no trouble downloading from me...

Ive got a Zyxell modem, Ive forwarded ports, Ive tried turning off windows firewall, turned off the router firewall (in the settings it says its switched off) I tried starting + changed to Auto the settings in XP services - UPnP & SSDP.

I dont know what else to do!!!

The connection test is half broken, it returns a partial connection even if it works. If you can download and upload fine, don't worry about it. :)

He says he cannot perform searches...

BTW, I get both TCP and UDP OK when trying the test. Last time was before a minute. I am using one and the same ports for TCP and UDP, however I also can't get Search to work from time to time. In such cases I search as Passive and when I find the thing, change to active again (if it is big and the connection is slow otherwise). Maybe the option "Always use Passive mode for search (only use it if you know what this is doing)" in the Settings\Advanced (first Advanced) will help.

But see what it does:

-- You are in active mode, but have activated passive search. --

-- Don't use passive search if you have search results without this option --

-- because you don't get search result from passive clients ! --

-- Turn it off in settings => StrongDC++ => Always use Passive Mode for Search

Edited by Zlobomir

I assume this is definatly mwith all hubs and that other users on the same hubs can search? Also, I assume that when you can't search and others can you are both either passive and one active. If it's just one or two hubs and you're passive they may have disabled it or something. :) Lots of people seem to miss that even whe nt eh hubt ells them so i have to confirm.

Anyway, can you download from others? If not it's most likely a connection problem. If not, is there any files which would actually returns for the searches you are making? If the answer is yes to the two previous questions then i don't know, try it in another c lient to find out if it is a problem with PWDC.

Just to mention, my problem seems to be with the router - it probably stops to forward ports at random times.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0