Yeppy

My features request

4 posts in this topic

Here are the features/changes i would like to see in apexdc++

- ops sorted before chatrooms and hub security in userlist.

- button to clear all mainchats (zk++)

- button to reconnect all disconnected hubs ( needed when for example i loose my connection )(zk++)

- button to close all disconnected hubs (zk++) and online/offline pm

- button to start/stop checking in current hub

- button to start/stop checking in all hubs (where op of course)

- second notepad (separate useful stuff from ascii and blabla)

- isp check

- fake share detected (having xml file with fake values)

The reason for me asking all these is because as far as i'm concerned apexdc++ (using beta4) doesn't look like an op client. and i use it only for sharing.

I would like to use it for doing operator stuff which i can't really do so far.

Thanks

These 2 things can be found under "window" at the top

- button to reconnect all disconnected hubs ( needed when for example i loose my connection )(zk++)

- button to close all disconnected hubs (zk++) and online/offline pm

I requested this and even had a poll and the turnout was pretty much no and worthless idea

- second notepad (separate useful stuff from ascii and blabla)

- button to start/stop checking in current hub

- button to start/stop checking in all hubs (where op of course)

- isp check

- fake share detected (having xml file with fake values)

The reason for me asking all these is because as far as i'm concerned apexdc++ (using beta4) doesn't look like an op client. and i use it only for sharing.

I would like to use it for doing operator stuff which i can't really do so far.

Thanks

This part you answered yourself above. ApexDC never claimed to be and is in fact not an OP client. This is considered a user client with some extended features. It is my understanding that the ApexOP client will not begin until there is at least a Apex 1.0 Final.

Note: I do think most of his request features are nice and would like to see them eventually but the point in my post was to pick the obvious that Apex as it stands now is not an OP Client. Some people have got this misperception from speaking with others or there was a discussion about it over AML and how its labeled and such.

I hope you understand my post Yeppy as your headed in the right track just a step past where Apex is in development at this current time.

Edited by Mikey

tnx for your reply Mikey. i understand your post.

concerning window menu - never used menus lol. though i was rather thinking at having a few buttons in the toolbar.

concerning second notepad - why not ? can be useful to have your stuff sorted out better.

concerning apex not being op client - ok. though i hope apexop client will have these features (and perhaps more). i'm tired of using too many clients when it comes to dc.

Now regarding apex being or not being an op client, I can assure opinions differ in regards to that so please skip that subject from now on...

About second notepad, it has been discussed and I have already decided that it isn't going to happen, or if it is not any time soon.

Toolbar buttons will most likely also remain as they are, but haven't decided on that yet...