Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saankarite

apexDC++ settings for Comodo Firewall

4 posts in this topic

Hello. I am using for quite a while the ApexDC++. Until now I used as a firewall, the Kerio Personal Firewall. But my license expired, so I switch to Comodo Firewall (version 3.0.14).

I checked on the internet for the firewall rules for ApexDC, done them exactly but it seems that It still doesn't work. I am using firewall with manual port forwarding, + don't allow UPnP.

I can log in on any hub, other people can download from me but I can't do anything: get a file list, use the search.

If I check the connection from the settings, I get a partial connection status: failure to connect on TCP and succes connected on UDP.

Do I have to put a value for TLS??

Is there an issue I'm missing>?>?

Thanks!

:huh:

Hi Saankarite,

It sounds like you're doing everything correctly, however, overlooking one setting within your firewall setting. To answer you question, NO it isn't necessary to set a value for your TLS port. That is a form of encryption not necessary, and while TLS is a great conceptual technology [that has yet to be implemented to widespread use] for the purposes of this post, I'm not going to explain it.

In any case, it sounds as if you've configured both your router and ApexDC client to run correctly with eachother. So, I'll have you check your firewall settings, which more than likely should solve your problem. Comodo is a feature rich firewall thus it does take some familiarization and some setting up but once done it proves to be far better in terms of TCP/IP security and local protection as well. Once configured it will work, I assure you [i know because I use both together regularly].

To the point; What you should need to do is to first open the Comodo interface; you will see tabs across the top of the main control window; from there you will want to click on the Firewall button; that will alter the inset control panel of the window itself. Now, in the main window below click on 'port sets' [under common tasks]; this is where you'll be able to set specific rules to allow your DC port to have privileged access - much like your router. From there, there are 3 categories of port sets, the one you want to click on is 'privileged ports' [toward the bottom]. You can right click on 'privileged ports' and select 'add port'. Now, you want to add a SINGLE PORT [the port you've been entering for DC forwarding, of course] [also, don't click the exclude option]. Hit Apply for your new port, Apply for the port sets and THATS IT - you should be set. At the most, you may give the computer a quick reboot and you'll be up and running. Let us know if that fixes it for you okay - POET

Really nice explained, poeticXpression, and it is for one of the imo good firewalls. Almost, even really a guide. :huh:

I would add only that it is possible another application to use the same port.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0