deathbyearthworm

Passive search results limited

12 posts in this topic

I'm trying to connect to my hub from a different location and when I search the hub it's only giving me about 5 results per search. However when i do the same search with a different dc client I get all the matches. In both i'm connected as a passive user. I've searched the forums and client settings and haven't come up with anything. I'm guessing it's just a setting I'm overlooking but I think i'm going to try and download the new beta client and see what that does.

Yes, please try thelatest beta 1.0.0B4 and post feedback. :)

I did update to the newer version. I've been doing some research and found out that my search is only being limited by the number of results per user. I wanted to know if there was anyway to change that?

I did update to the newer version. I've been doing some research and found out that my search is only being limited by the number of results per user. I wanted to know if there was anyway to change that?

Doesn't sound like it could be caused by anything in the client. Much more likely it's a limitation on the hub you're searching on. It's a bit weird that is only happens in ApexDC++ though. Have you tried other hubs?

Hmmm, maybe a hub limitation specifically for Apex. Have you tried with emulation turned on? What is the hub's software? Have you tried in other hubs?

Ok, I made a mistake with my original post saying that both clients were in passive mode. My other client was accidentally in active mode and gave me the extra search results. What's happening is apexdc++ (or any other dc client) is limiting my search results per user, i want to know if there was anyway to change that.

To make things a little clearer i run my own hub and I'm trying to make it accessible for a small group of users. All passive user limitations are off. Only having about 3 users on only getting 5 or 10 results per user is very limiting. Since the hub is so small I don't mind losing the bandwidth that this change would normally cost. I'm starting to get the feeling that this won't be an easy fix of checking a box.

Thanks for your quick replies and sorry about my mixups.

I don't understand what protocol limitation means.

A limit build in the communication protocol (laguage) used in DC.

I don't understand what protocol limitation means.

A protocol is a set of rules, HTTP and BitTorrent are also protocols. The rules for the backend of all DC clients specify the imposed limits.