Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BillyBob

Q: Knowing where I am in the slot queue

9 posts in this topic

When I get a status of "no slots available", is there a way to know where I am in that user's slot queue? It would be helpful to know whether I am actually moving up their queue, or if I should just give-up on that user and look elsewhere for the file. Thanks!

When I get a status of "no slots available", is there a way to know where I am in that user's slot queue? It would be helpful to know whether I am actually moving up their queue, or if I should just give-up on that user and look elsewhere for the file. Thanks!

Most of the time in DC there is no real queue, it's first to come, first to serve...

Most of the time in DC there is no real queue, it's first to come, first to serve...

Bummer - no reward for patience. Thanks!

Well technically, if you wait, you'll get a slot, if you don't, you wont.

but it's not true$. DC++ pseudoqueue is very bad, because you can wait 2 years and you don't get a slot and some user can wait 2 seconds and will get a slot.

but it's not true$. DC++ pseudoqueue is very bad, because you can wait 2 years and you don't get a slot and some user can wait 2 seconds and will get a slot.

But some day you can be the lucky user. So does it matter?

If fact it depends on the people\community. If all share after download, there is no real difference who is the first downloader. If you consider people nasty by default, there is nothing to do to improve things either.

I have never found that I dont get a slot...how long do you normally stay in hubs?

If you log in for a few hours each afternoon i'm not surprised in that case.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0