Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cki

Shutdown when this download is complete

7 posts in this topic

A shutdown option on the right mouse button menu to shutdown the pc when the selected file is finished to be downloaded.

that is against the DC SPIRIT...just downloading and when you're done,leaving the comunity.

A common mistake is to use dc like any ordinary ftp - you log on, get what you want and then log off. This is never a good practice because it will always bring its own punishment. You should always strive to upload at least as much as you download. Consider the fact that if you don't upload, others will have to turn somewhere else to get what they want. In the end this means that there will be fewer slots for you to choose from. Even users with slow upload-speeds have something to contribute - the most important thing is continuity. Even a 0.5Mbit upload is enough for you to be able to transfer almost a whole DVDR every 24h - and since most people don't watch movies during the day you will make it easier for everybody to get that special something. Once again it comes down to helping yourself by helping others!

that is against the DC SPIRIT...just downloading and when you're done,leaving the comunity.

If I was going to bad and I have only one hour of download of a file what is better: that i shotdown the pc immediatly or that my pc goes on for onother hour and then shotdown itself?

Why the hell does anyone ever shut their pc down anyway?

PC's are not consoles, they are meant to be on.....

Also, your comparison is silly, because your leaving your PC on for an hour to get what you want, so your getting something out of it.

Well, I turn off my PC in order to sleep in silence. I care for my HDDs and use several fans, while saving from water cooling. The shutdown can be accomplished with third-party soft anyway, like the speed limit.

I have loads of fans but I can still sleep with em on. Must be just me.....

Same, although admittedly I have a fairly quiet case and use SpeedFan to turn down the speed of one of my loud fans.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0