Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nimrodim

New to Apex have some questions.

6 posts in this topic

Hi there i am trying to migrate from DC++ to Apex.

I have a few questions:

1. How do i see how much data is shared by each hub i am connected too? (I used to be able to see this in DC++ on the left corner under the user list for the hub)

2. How do i see the user list for a hub?

3. In dc++ they have a system tab which shows when file list, hashing etc is done...is there anything similar in Apex?

4. Do i have the option to decide how frequent file list refreshes are done to my file list?

Thanks in advance

Nim

At the very right hand side of the application, below the emoticons button, at the right hand edge of the hub (not main) status/kick bar there is a tickbox. Tick that box and you should see the userlist, the share size for the hub should also update, and probably display in the place you expect it to.

The only way to see how much hashing is done that I know of is via the "Indexing progress" dialog. To access it go to View --> Indexing Progress. It's the same one which pops-up when you add files.

Not too sure for your last question. Would have thought it would be in the client, and if I'm correct the following Setting controls it, but I don't have time to check. Go to File --> Settings, then Settings --> Advanced --> Experts only --> Auto refresh time.

Thank you.

That was exactly what i was looking for...all of them.

I want to mention...i tried running the "stable" last version first...and it kept rebooting my PC.

I checked and my PC rebooted only when i use Apex...and this usually happens a few minutes after i start using it.

I am now trying the latest Beta....seems o.k. for now...hope it lasts.

I would have liked to have the option of haveing the "Indexing window" auto-open at startup option ^^

I am afraid this is the first reboot report. Please check your hardware, especially CPU cooling, since Apex is putting a heavy load on CPU. Could be the thermal protection.

Auto-rebooting would strike me as a hardware error.

More specifically a HDD error. Run Chkdsk on your HDD's to check they are ok.

Overheating is also a possibility, which could happen easily if you have enough dust inside the computer (and in the right places).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0