Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
balder

Web DC

9 posts in this topic

anyway to get this back on-topic what would you members like to see done on the website next?"
To be honest i would really like to see a web site which could (using AJAX) have access to DC chat facilities (main, maybe pm). I know web programming languages really well, my job is supporting web programmers, and this is something which i think would be really popular [sorry for going of topic a bit] but i would really appreciate a PM from anyone who has an idea on this (or perhaps the moderates might put this into its own thread :D Edited by Crise

To be honest i would really like to see a web site which could (using AJAX) have access to DC chat facilities (main, maybe pm). I know web programming languages really well, my job is supporting web programmers, and this is something which i think would be really popular [sorry for going of topic a bit] but i would really appreciate a PM from anyone who has an idea on this (or perhaps the moderates might put this into its own thread :D

moved, as asked because it indeed is out of our website's scope (as the idea with ApexDC++ website in the beginning was it to be simple and clean, or something like that)

moved, as asked because it indeed is out of our website's scope (as the idea with ApexDC++ website in the beginning was it to be simple and clean, or something like that)

yer cheers, sorry about that :oops: :blushing: i blatantly new that i shouldn't have mentioned that in that thread ;)

i thought that now i had spell checke i wouldn't need to edit my post, how n-eye-eve*

how the hell do you spell that

Edited by balder

Have a web interface in ApexDC++ where you can remotely chat in hubs? That way you'll already be on all your hubs, and will still be sharing. The favorites and quick connect etc. could also be there. Hehe, maybe this might not be every easy?

To be quite honest I'd say you're better of just using the VNC via the web through a Java client in a b rowser and chatting on DC that way.

That way you'll already be on all your hubs, and will still be sharing. The favorites and quick connect etc. could also be there. Hehe, maybe this might not be every easy?

i think this is a would be a good feature to implement. It would also be nice if it (as an option) serve your share of http/ftp. However i get really nervous when ever i run a web server on my home PC, don't know why just paranoid.

To be quite honest I'd say you're better of just using the VNC via the web through a Java client in a browser and chatting on DC that way.

again another good solution, however my work firewall want allow certain traffic.

I would find it quite useful to be able to login to my hub and chat even if i had a sudo-anonymousness username (e.g. guest1006). this would allow me to see whats going on in various hubs and if im in a support hub i would be able to support people while im at work

i think this is a would be a good feature to implement. It would also be nice if it (as an option) serve your share of http/ftp. However i get really nervous when ever i run a web server on my home PC, don't know why just paranoid.

again another good solution, however my work firewall want allow certain traffic.

I would find it quite useful to be able to login to my hub and chat even if i had a sudo-anonymousness username (e.g. guest1006). this would allow me to see whats going on in various hubs and if im in a support hub i would be able to support people while im at work

there is/was a php script that has/had DC chat possibilities, with that you'd need to get an entry permission from hubowner though, as shares and such would be a prob with it :blushing:

there is/was a php script that has/had DC chat possibilities,

do you know where i could get a copy, from you vagueness i'm guessing not

with that you'd need to get an entry permission from hubowner though, as shares and such would be a prob with it ;)

Yes, i have recognized that show stopper :blushing: . my intention was to create the page test it with some sympathetic hubs and if it is plausible/possible think about those issues then. My thinking is that because the user wont be downloading it shouldn't be a problem. However i do appreciate that the practicality of the matter is much more complicated then that.

I'd try it... most of the hubs I'm in I OP anyway, so a share isn't exactly required. I want a copy too. :blushing:

EDIT: After a quick Google, PHPDC showed up but that does not have chat facilities. http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpdcstats/

Edited by Greg

I'd try it... most of the hubs I'm in I OP anyway, so a share isn't exactly required. I want a copy too. :blushing:

EDIT: After a quick Google, PHPDC showed up but that does not have chat facilities. http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpdcstats/

Well, there is also possibility of using mldonkey's core to access DC and use one of it's web frontends (newer looked if chatting is possible, though)

Warning: mldonkey, sucks, it really does ;) (and nothing will ever change that)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0