Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satan

Why do M$ do this?

5 posts in this topic

I just want to express my upset (and hopefully some of you will agree). I got around to bring my plasma TV that I kept in my 'home away from home' in belfast up to my real home. In the hope of utilising it with my 360.

Fine, I can, BUT, in order to share media with it, I have to use WMP11. Now, I dont mind, MUCH! But I would prefer to not have to wait for hours for WMP11 to add all the stuff to my library. Why can't I just use the stuff straight from the PC, I mean, is the fact i'm using a MS Operating Sys not enough for good old Bill?

Why must he force me to use his silly WMP to share my media? :(

Just found TVersity, wayyy better!!!

At least you can share your media to your 360? I would have thought someone would have made some third party applications, but yeah it could have been done a lot better, WMP11 shouldn't be needed.

I found TVersity which is much better and stops the need to use Media Library in WMP11 BUT I still need to enable media sharing in Vista which can only be done through WMP.

I guess i'll just have to accept it :(

I guess it depends on some registry key, so WMP is just the GUI to edit it...

I guess it depends on some registry key, so WMP is just the GUI to edit it...

Well I guess, however, TVersity does not officially support vista. On the officially supports windows OS it asks you to turn media sharing off and uses it's own settings. So hopefully when it officially supports vista it will be like this too.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0