rdselth

Blocking all other connections but LAN?

8 posts in this topic

Hey,

I followed the guide to installing the PG plugin and got it working, I also added a few subnets to ban...but my problem is I want to ban all outside connections from the LAN.

Or moreover, I want only connections from my subnet range to be able to connect... MMM.MMM.x.x sort of deal (these are also WAN IPs)

I tried adding a filter in that would block 1.1.1.1 - my range, then anything higher, but it didn't work.

Does anybody know how to go about doing this or how to add in all IPs minus my block?

Thanks!

-RD

This hub used to be an only LAN one. However this year certain outsiders are allowed to connect. Being that my upstream capabilities are MUCH greater than the average user, I don't want to call attention to myself by uploading at great speed to outsiders. (I also don't want to throttle my upstream over LAN).

Bandwidth Limits. Not allowed to use too much external traffic. Intranet traffic is fine, internet not so good.

This is besides the point though. Whatever reason I may have, the problem remains..

you can try netlimiter, you can limit internet users to some "normal" speeds, like 50-80 kB/s and local network unlimited :)

could you test your speed on www.speedtest.net and tell us the speeds u get :P

i got

185357372.png

Edited by Aztek

Hey,

Speedtest.net doesn't have a server in my country..so I went to broadbandreports.com, where I usually go :)

I also took out the ISP and Time just because :P The rest is unedited.

Netminder eh? I've never heard of it. I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the tip..

This varies though. I've had as high as 50/40..

Another option is to run two hubs, but it is... stupid. Still, I felt obliged to point it. This will be worth to add in hub softs btw, if already not present in some... Netminder? He said Netlimiter.