Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bugmenot

How do I disable update notifications?

7 posts in this topic

I'm running the latest version, yet it keeps bothering me to update to the beta version whenever I open it. Is there a way to disable this annoying "feature"?

I'm running the latest version, yet it keeps bothering me to update to the beta version whenever I open it. Is there a way to disable this annoying "feature"?

We recommend you leave it on so you're informed of news. If you turn it off, you won't know of a new update. :blushing:

As Lee recommended, we don't suggest that you disable this feature, especially as we are nearing a final/stable release of version 1. However, if you still want to disable it then go to Fille --> Settings --> Advanced and tick the box for "Don't announce new ApexDC++ versions". Screenshot included below:

post-4-1187366499_thumb.png

As Lee recommended, we don't suggest that you disable this feature, especially as we are nearing a final/stable release of version 1. However, if you still want to disable it then go to Fille --> Settings --> Advanced and tick the box for "Don't announce new ApexDC++ versions". Screenshot included below:

Shouldn't there be an option not to show a particular news update every time Apex opens? It is kind of annoying having it tell me there's a beta version that I'm not going to download every time I use it.

For some users even if you DRAW (screenshot) an option it doesnt help :) . You CAN turn it off, like Greg said. Anyway you will have a notice in about box if you want to see it... HELP >>> ABOUT ...

Can't find the option under Advanced anymore. Has it moved? Is it removed? Can I do it manually in some "ugly" way besides adding a firewall rule that prevents ApexDC.exe from connecting to whichever update server it uses?

Can't find the option under Advanced anymore. Has it moved? Is it removed? Can I do it manually in some "ugly" way besides adding a firewall rule that prevents ApexDC.exe from connecting to whichever update server it uses?

Yep, it has been removed. You can block the update server manually if you wish.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0