Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rigor O'Mortis

[Minor Bug][1B4]Sharing

7 posts in this topic

Let's say I wish to share a folder, say C:\Folder1. I accidentally click on C:\Folder2, which has about 32768 subfolders, each with 65536 files in it. Obviously, I do not whish to share Folder2, but Folder1, so naturally, when I am presented with the dialog requiring me to input the virtual folder name, I click on "cancel". However, ApexDC++, even so, creates a list of files to be TTH-ed (and you can imagine, in a situation like that, how much that would take), and keeps the check on Folder2, although I clicked on "Cancel".

It would be quite logical that, if the user clicks "Cancel", Apex would simply... cancel :blushing: .

I know this is a general bug, I know this is a minor bug, but just thought I'd let you know it exists.

This has come up before and there is always disagreement on how this should function. basicly the cancle button only cancles the virtual name and not the act of actully sharing the folder. please see the following for more information

Oh crap, I've been away for too long.

I still have a question, though: what does "cancel the virtual name" actually mean? Will the folder be shared without a name (I'm joking here)? Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to make the "Cancel" button actually cancel? Or, wouldn't it make a lot more sense to add another button saying "Cancel and cancel share of this folder", or something on the lines of that, specifically for that case in which you accidentally click on a 32768-folder-full folder, each subfolder with 65536 files ?

i think so lets see if any of the devs respond :blushing:

Maybe then add another button with "Do not share this folder", I have also clicked wrong, most often on my external disc (sharing the recycled folder isn't a big deal but still)...

I think there should be a function that would cancel the adding of a directory (before hashing).

Nice idea, but imo Crise will not risk to introduce bugs before 1.0 Final. But why not for 1.1. :) :blushing:

Em....for me (i think) just removing the arrow from beside the folder i checked for sharing stops apex doing anything with it....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0