Mikey

1.0.0B4 Bug Report

7 posts in this topic

I had this issue in other versions like 0.4.0 and a few alphas with it hanging and not responding while downloading. It seemed to not exist when the later alphas and the new B3 was released. Now in B4 it is back. It only happens when downloading or doing client/file checks and getting decent speeds. Will report more if I notice anything else in theory with it.

Edited by Mikey

Does it die altogether?

Or come back, I've seen mine do this, but it always comes back....

Ok I have noticed it hangs also when uploads are getting decent speeds. So it doesnt matter if you are downloading or uploading. Yes Satan it comes back it does not crash but is very annoying.

Sounds like Apex is just processing something, not really a bug? I doubt there's much that can be done, I assume it's present in all DC clients?

I would tend to agree with Greg, however, speeding up processing sounds great. But is it actually possible?

I have some really terrible memories with hanging/freezing: back when I used R2++ (not long ago), it always froze without any rational reason (despite it's very buggy :)), mostly when I was in settings and clicked OK or Cancel, or on About page etc. But it rarely came back. You can imagine what a releif was Apex after going through all that :D I'm getting some hangings too, but they are gone in a blaze for me, and don't occur often.

yepp, i also have this one :) .... was not present in beta3, but present in beta4 ..... but i simply minimize it to tray, and then check again 30 minutes later, when i cannot hear my hdd working so hard :crying: