Pundan

A list of small features

12 posts in this topic

Decided to create a new topic for these. I have been using Apex for some weeks now and moving from fulDC to Apex I can't really say I miss fulDC that much, well maybe a few things.

File type

I love how fulDC remembered what you file type you searched for. Let's say I make a search for "Metallica Master of Puppets". If the file type was set to any I would find the song "Master of Puppets" and I would also find the album. I usually search for directories, but every time I make a new search Apex changes the file type to any. It would be nice if one could set it to remember what the last file type was.

Dupe checker

I also miss fulDC's dupe checker. For those that doesn't know how this works I shall give you a brief explanation; Something that you already have in share is labeled with a color when you're browsing someone that has the same file/s in his file list.

Can we cut to the chase?

Is there any possibility to turn off the function that waits 30 seconds before trying to make a new search? I guess it's there to avoid search spam and so forth but this is the first client that I've seen it in. It's quite annoying when you make a new search and realize that you spelled something wrong right after hitting enter. Then you'll have to wait atleast 20 seconds before Apex will make a new search. I guess the problem here is that the TTH auto search would spam the hell out all hubs if this feature wasn't turned on, but isn't it possible to give the users own searches a higher priority or something?

Still love Apex though, would be nice with some feedback on these features :wub:

that filelist type rememberer ( :wub: ) ... lots of beginners use Apex, and if it would be enabled in it, than there were too many complaints i guess from beginners (or even oldtimers :wub: ) saying "the search engine doesn't find all files that should be found" ... so i guess it saves some time for the support and the users as well not having this (maybe an option to enable or disable it in settings for users who need it, if the devs don't have too much to include yet)

this dupe checker would be a really good idea, but don't know how much resources would it use if you have a huge filelist, and the other side has a real huge as well ...

and the function to wait 30 second before every search ... isn't it what could be set in settings -> advanced -> experts only -> minimum search interval (which is set here to 45 secs)

1. Filelist - agreed with Mirage.

2. Do not we have it already?

3. Yes, right, minimum is 10 secs. But in SOME hubs shorter interval may even lead to a kick.

about 2. .... i don't know if we have, as long as i can remember we only have the "don't download if already in share" .... but maybe i just didn't realize that we have this option in one of these new releases (1.0.0 ?? )

Just ran a search for a particular file, and I got part of the results in green. After a short look I found the same file in my share. This is kind of a stimulus to share, otherwise Apex could not know what you have. :wub:

1. I love this idea - but as said, it would confuse nubs

2. Another great idea

3. In theory it's good, but tbh, you'd flood hubs and considering many hubs are ran from home pc's this is a nono.

File type

I love how fulDC remembered what you file type you searched for. Let's say I make a search for "Metallica Master of Puppets". If the file type was set to any I would find the song "Master of Puppets" and I would also find the album. I usually search for directories, but every time I make a new search Apex changes the file type to any. It would be nice if one could set it to remember what the last file type was.

It would be good if Apex++ remember other options especially what hubs were searched last time (at least I find it very annoying as an OP). Remembering can always be disabled globally in settings. Also "search bu default" on fav hubs would be nice imho.

And a small button for "wait, don't search for that" to prevent countdown and abort search (or why just don't make "Pause search" do that?)

And a small button for "wait, don't search for that" to prevent countdown and abort search (or why just don't make "Pause search" do that?)

searches can't be paused neither aborted. Once you search for something, it will send you the search result until there are no other matches. And results will be send also if you close the search result.

Yeah I know that. But when the clock is ticking (the minimum_search_interval) the search hasn't been yet sent to hub. So it's 'just' the meter of identity search in queue and remove before it's sent.

Since on some hubs it could be a a mater of another 1-2 minutes of waiting, it's worth the trouble.

And most of all... since there is already minimum_search_interval option implemented there should also be such possibility, because from user point of view (psychological effect) it's frustrating not being able to cancel his mistake before it bear its fruits.

Yeah I know that. But when the clock is ticking (the minimum_search_interval) the search hasn't been yet sent to hub. So it's 'just' the meter of identity search in queue and remove before it's sent.

in this case, you can close search window and the search request will be removed from queue

in this case, you can close search window and the search request will be removed from queue

Yes, but so all search settings are lost.