Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Julia

HELP!

6 posts in this topic

how do i make dc++ start automatically when i turn on my computer?

thank you

how do i make dc++ start automatically when i turn on my computer?

thank you

Place the shortcut in your startup folder. Please register in order to receive future support. :P

Moved to Support.

You can always add to it the registry, which I can tell you to do. However, this isn't adviced i guess, you may damage your computer or whatever if you change the registry. :thumbsup: Personally I don't like to use the starup folder though.

You can always add to it the registry, which I can tell you to do. However, this isn't adviced i guess, you may damage your computer or whatever if you change the registry. :thumbsup: Personally I don't like to use the starup folder though.

He probably wanted to say: :blushing:

For Win XP:

1. Open Start\Run...

2. Type regedit

3. Click OK (or hit ENTER key)

4. In the left pane, browse to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>>Software>>Microsoft>>Windows>>Current Version>>Run. On the right, you shold see some REG_SZ type entries.

5. Right-click in the right pane, New>>String value.

6. Name it as you like, then again Right-click>>Modify

7. Type the whole path + the *.exe of the desired program. You can also copy the path from the Win Explorer Address bar and add "\*.exe", where *=program's exe.

8. Repeat step 3. ;)

That's all. :)

I don't think a program needs to be downloaded especially to add startup programs, well not in this case at least. Be careful when editing your Registry too, if you change the wrong values etc. your computer will be rendered almost useless. Pretty much anything you do is reversable that you do in the registry, if you know what you did, and what to use to fix it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0