Archangel

Icon and list names/descriptions

5 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me /point to a webpage that explains the various icons in

hublists

filelists

dloading

been using dc++ for about 3 years (love it ) but i`d like more info on these things

It`s not in the FAQ

tia

This is an old help file I had laying around maybe someone has a more up to date list to help you out.

DC++ : Using DC++ :

What do the different icons mean?

Answer:

In general the following is true:

l Bricks: Passive mode user (note, this does not mean people without bricks are active, just that

the one with bricks is passive for sure. This is detected when that user searches or tries to

connect to you)

l Blue: DC++ user (again, not blue does not mean not DC++, this is detected when the user tries to

connect to you or when you try to connect to him)

Read this FAQ for the difference between a passive and active mode user.

Why do I need active mode?

Answer:

In passive mode, DC++ will only make outbound connections to other users. All searches will be sent

through the hub, and search results will be returned through the hub as well. DC++ will return a

maximum of 5 search hits for a passive user. Passive users cannot download from other passive users.

Passive mode is an extra strain on hubs, so please do not use it unless you must. DC++ users in

passive mode will have M:P in their DC++ tag.

That being said, active mode on DC++ will make inbound and outbound connections to other users. All

searches will be sent through the hub, and search results will be returned directly from active mode

users and through the hub for the passive users. Active users can download from either active and

passive users. Obviously that means you can connect to a larger group of people.

What specific icons?

hublist .. shield like icons by users with ? marks (bricks mean passive ok ) but whats a spikey red ball mean ?

user names(some odd ones ) has a square boxlike icon .... ????

I know its only little things but it is confusing even to a not-so-new newb like me :unsure: