Jackie_301

Unable to connect to hubs

10 posts in this topic

WELL ITS NOT A MAJOR ISSUE BUT MY DC HAS STOPPED WORKING FOR SOME REASON AFTER I FORMATTED MY PC IT WAS ONLY IN THE AFTERNOON THAT MY DC WAS WORKING FINE & AFTER FORMATTING IT DOESN'T CONNECT TO ANY HUB AT ALL WAT SHOULD I DO THIS IS MAKING ME GO BONKERS

Edit: Please try to name your topics in a more descriptive way and avoid CAPS. Zlobomir

WELL ITS NOT A MAJOR ISSUE BUT MY DC HAS STOPPED WORKING FOR SOME REASON AFTER I FORMATTED MY PC IT WAS ONLY IN THE AFTERNOON THAT MY DC WAS WORKING FINE & AFTER FORMATTING IT DOESN'T CONNECT TO ANY HUB AT ALL WAT SHOULD I DO THIS IS MAKING ME GO BONKERS
?

Do you already have tried to re-install ApexDC++ to an other folder and copy your settings folder from previous ApexDC++ insatllation into the new folder?

Where was installed Apex before the format? I hope not on the C:\ drive? There should not be any other reason for malfunctioning of the program.

well it was installed in d:\ drive i tried re-installing it several times in D: & in C: drive but it doesn't work

Looks like your Favorites.xml file got wiped, it happens, although seldom. The file is under %ProgramFiles%\Apex DC++\Settings\Favorites.xml It is best to keep a copy of this file in a safe place, but right now, if the file is missing, I am afraid you need to start collecting hubs again and speak in PM with the OPs of the respective hubs to recover your accounts.

You can also look at your Recent Hubs list (View>>Recent Hubs).

nop it doesn't seem that is the case if any how my favourites file is whiped i remem almost all the hubs id so it is not really the case........

wat happens is the hubs r workin this is wat my frnds frm hub tell me but i'm unable to connect i.e it tells me(even though the hubs r workin"

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

well once PC is formatted u just need to reinstall apex add the favourite hubs & they should readily work right?????

if this is not the procedure plz tell me the correct procedure.........

nop it doesn't seem that is the case if any how my favourites file is whiped i remem almost all the hubs id so it is not really the case........

wat happens is the hubs r workin this is wat my frnds frm hub tell me but i'm unable to connect i.e it tells me(even though the hubs r workin"

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

well once PC is formatted u just need to reinstall apex add the favourite hubs & they should readily work right?????

if this is not the procedure plz tell me the correct procedure.........

What about your Firewall, perhaps. Do you have to reconfigure it ?

were does firewall come in this???? wen not even a single hub is getting connected were does the issue of reconfiguring the firewall comes into picture.....

but if u mean that the hubs work after switching off the firewall then answer to that is NO......

but still worth a try enablind dc in your firewall .. (on my home computer, when the security soft is turned off, connection automatically disconnects) .. but ... can you get the hublists? or that doesn't work either? how do other softs act? Apex is the only one stopped functioning? which version is it?

have you tried reinstalling it and not copy over the old xml files (except favorites & queue of course) but simply setting it up again, just as you've done for the first time installing it?

Right, I second Mirage it is the Windows firewall again. During reinstall you have lost firewall setting and probably that is why now Apex is not allowed. It is so trivial issue that we skipped it.