Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nirly

can't d/l or search

6 posts in this topic

I had apexdc++ working with a direct connection for a while... and suddenly a few days a go it stopped working.

I haven't made any hardware or software changes.

My settings are direct connections checked, with all other field left blank.

I tried a few other things:

passive connection works

the regular dc++ client works with out a problem (direct connection)

Anyone got any idesas?

well i am not using a router so i think i should be using direct connection and not any of the firewall options...

i turned of my software firewall and tried still no go...

i tested the connection and the tcp connection fails, i dont know what to do about this or if it is relevant...

i'll repeat that for some reason the dc++ with the same setting work without a problem.

Win XP has a built-in firewall, in which you should either open a port and use the same port no. for TCP and UDP in Apex (ignore TLS for now), or add ApexDC.exe to Exceptions. The connection checker in Apex "Check connection" may give a wrong result, try with real search & download to see if all works.

Win XP SP2: >> Control Panel >> Windows Firewall

Win XP SP1: ~ >> *LAN card name > Properties > TCP/IP Properties > Advanced :(

Same applies for any extra firewall you may have, say even bundled with your Antivirus.

well i have the windows firewall turned off but i added these setting anyway...

i added the rules the firewall i use then i also tried after turning off all security and firewall programs... still didn't work

Please connect to TechGeeks.geekgalaxy.com:1411 with either Apex or regular client, and ask for online help. I will be in "my signature" hub for the next 2 hours probably, so you can try also there, and part of TGO staff is there as well (can't log on to TGO since I am in uni atm).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0