3dfx

forum down time

14 posts in this topic

i dont understand - freqently the forum is offline,literaly - the adress cant be resolved even.is this a hosting problem,or something with my ISP ?

3dfx, is this a recent thing. I know that the project has just changed hosting companies which seem to have orted my problems.

yes,after the host had been changed.the down time is about 5-10mins and occurs randomly.

Haven't noticed... Please note the GMT time and post when it is available again, so the staff can check with the host.

Not noticed this either. I'm back at home on a decent connection, so I should be able to see whether the site is slow or not resolving.

If this site continues to grow I'm gonna have to up the hosting package to dedicated. :D

I've not noticied anything either, although I havn't been around all that much the past few days.

If this site continues to grow I'm gonna have to up the hosting package to dedicated. :P

Ouch, that's going to be pricey. I suppose VPS isn't an option.

I've not noticied anything either, although I havn't been around all that much the past few days.

Ouch, that's going to be pricey. I suppose VPS isn't an option.

VPS would be our next attempt, yeah.

hmm...is it truly nesesery for a VPS move ? @ 60$ a month it isnt much,but everyone has diferent income...i dotn think it will be worth the money.

p.s. the problem might be with my ISP...i used to experience 5-10s problems even resolving IPs....thats why i asked if someone else had the same problem.

Lee,hold on for the VPS for now :wacko:

I wasn't going to move to VPS because one person was having problems connecting to the site. I meant in the future, if the site keeps growing.

I wasn't going to move to VPS because one person was having problems connecting to the site. I meant in the future, if the site keeps growing.

Yep, fair enough, just make sure you choose a decent provider as a lot of VPS providers are substandard.

Just thought I would give you guys the heads up, and this seems to be the best place to put it.

While browsing around the forums, I noticed it dropped out for around 5 mins while giving a driver error (database issue to be exact) and it not only affected the forums, it also affected the main home page, to the point it was showing PHP errors.

Just thought I would give you guys the heads up, and this seems to be the best place to put it.

While browsing around the forums, I noticed it dropped out for around 5 mins while giving a driver error (database issue to be exact) and it not only affected the forums, it also affected the main home page, to the point it was showing PHP errors.

Yeah, we noticed it today. Unfortunately I have no idea why that occurred, so we'll have to see if it pops up frequently and I'll report it.

Lee since it affected main page too, that means it was most likely just a mysql outage, so nothing to do with IPB :thumbsup: