Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quandarius

disc space error

8 posts in this topic

here's the deal, downloading a file of large size and when it gets to 77.1 % it fails saying there is no more disc space. All downloads go directly to my EHD and a rightclick--> properties check shows 57.5 gigs left of the unpartitionned fat32 external. Here's the trick I was downloading 2 of these files and both of them quit at this percentage HOWEVER i can still download other material in the meantime of various sizes (though none greater than these 2 files). If there truely was a lack of space I thought of downloading only one of the files assumeing that the 4 gigs taken up by the other would allow the first download to finish. this was proved wrong as it downloaded up to 77.1% again (then it repeats 77.0-77.3 and stops and starts over) I downloaded a total of 18.34 Gigs with this redudant .4% download.. problem is the files are 10 gigs together (5.08 and 5.17). anyone have any idea how this happens???

thx much! :)

Q-

Oh btw i'm running apex 0.4.0 but i'm going to download 1.0.0 in like 30 seconds, hopefully that helps my problem. and I am reasonable sure the file is not corrupt as my admin is running the file I'm trying to download and at least 14 other uses on my hub have it (apex finds 14 sources), any other details I can provide just ask!

Q-

1.0.0 is an april fools joke

Don't use FAT32 it has a 4 Gigabyte filesize limit, back it up and reformat it to NTFS.

yea realised that after hehe :) thx ;) i seriously dunno how to back up all my files though no space ;) oh well that's my problem B) I'll prolly find and borrow someone else's external

and isn't it early for april fools jokes? lol it's only the 31st!

Not where the server is located.

yea realised that after hehe whistling.gif thx thumbsup.gif i seriously dunno how to back up all my files though no space tongue.gif oh well that's my problem smile.gif I'll prolly find and borrow someone else's external

if possible you could get a copy of partition magic and turn the 57 G you have free into an nfs drive. you could then copy your files over to that partition and then resize it to take up the entire disk. you may need to cycle through this a few times if you drive is bigger then 110G.

You can use also:

To convert a volume to NTFS from the command prompt

Open the Command Prompt window.

In the command prompt window, type

convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs

For example, typing convert D: /fs:ntfs would format drive D: with the ntfs format.

Notes

To open a command prompt, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.

You can convert FAT or FAT32 volumes to NTFS with this command.

I am not responsible for any damage or data loss, but such things never happened to me when doing this.

Partition magic 8 has the ability to convert a fat32 to a ntfs even if the partition contains data ! I did it a couple of times and had no data loss

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0