Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luctisonus

there is not enough space on the disk?but there is!

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

i am using peerweb dc++ 0.41. there is 4.36gb free space on the disk. i am downloading a file which is near 4.2gb and 95% of it is completed. i mean, 95% is completed and now there is 4.36gb free space.but now when i want to continue to download, it says "there is not enough space on the disk" but as i told there is 4.36gb free space!how can i fix this problem?

thanks in advance...

Hi everyone,

i am using peerweb dc++ 0.41. there is 4.36gb free space on the disk. i am downloading a file which is near 4.2gb and 95% of it is completed. i mean, 95% is completed and now there is 4.36gb free space.but now when i want to continue to download, it says "there is not enough space on the disk" but as i told there is 4.36gb free space!how can i fix this problem?

thanks in advance...

I'd guess your HD's file system is set to FAT32, am i right?

as if that's the case only way to fix it would be changing file system to NTFS as FAT32, doesn't like files over 4gb :)

and you have two ways you can do this:

1. Go to Control Panel ->Administrative Tools->Disk Management, somewhere there delete the partition you have on the drive (FAT32 again I guess). And then create a new primary NTFS partition on it. Format it and that should solve your problem.

2. In a command prompt 'convert volumename /FS:NTFS' (Note: This method should never be used for USB HDD's)

I'd always use the first option though, even if it involves a lot more work than second option.

Note: if you alredy have another partition with NFTS set as file system you could just move your pwdc's complete & incomplete files directories over to that partition, and manually fix paths in queue.xml and in settings of pwdc++.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0