Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XP2

[Crash] Apex 0.4.0

33 posts in this topic

I just can't understand why you can't understand that you have bug in your PC. There can't be any switching, because it's useless. Maybe file ABC gets corrupted in segmented downloading but it's ok for normal downloading. But file RKX will be corrupted only for normal downloading, but you won't see any message informing about corruption. Same thing will happen when you will copy file ČŘ

Again I have to double post, excuse me BM. But what about the file in question is really ok, runs perfectly, etc., after downloading in some other way. And Excelsium, please send me again some small files for tests, or even better, attach them here.

I just can't understand why you can't understand that you have bug in your PC. There can't be any switching, because it's useless. Maybe file ABC gets corrupted in segmented downloading but it's ok for normal downloading. But file RKX will be corrupted only for normal downloading, but you won't see any message informing about corruption. Same thing will happen when you will copy file ČŘ

Again I have to double post, excuse me BM. But what about the file in question is really ok, runs perfectly, etc., after downloading in some other way. And Excelsium, please send me again some small files for tests, or even better, attach them here.

The smallest files I download are very rarely some image files and audio files, and I don't remember having problems with these - If I did I probably just erased from the queue and forgot about it. Currently I only use DC++ for files 100-300mb video files, maybe the odd video file 10-100mb

My earlier post:

Update: Incase you havn't encountered some problem files for testing here are some examples:

they are only a problem in segmenting mode.

search " mushishi 03 .a" and get file with TTH: HBBAHIWV56PEJQD5H6S6J4WAFQ2J3ELRNYBMJUA magnet:?xt=urn:tree:tiger:HBBAHIWV56PEJQD5H6S6J4WAFQ2J3ELRNYBMJUA&xl=189263872&dn=%5BC1%5DMushishi_-_03%5BXviD%5D%5BF334DBDF%5D.avi

search " ghost in the shell 24 .a" and get file with TTH: FY6T6IN2MEZCXWCNDL6HMAWP4HX6I2RRXRNBY2Y

magnet:?xt=urn:tree:tiger:FY6T6IN2MEZCXWCNDL6HMAWP4HX6I2RRXRNBY2Y&xl=186181632&dn=Ghost+in+the+Shell+-+Stand+Alone+Complex+-+24+%5BLMF%5D.avi

hubs with these files:

testhub.otaku-anime.net:555

public.otaku-anime.net:555

walhalla.otaku-anime.net:555

shinto.total-anime.net:666 (requires registration to search)

Yes, you are true. File can have correct TTH and can be 100% if it has been downloaded in other way than segmented.

But again - it's only this situation.

Let's talk there is some HDD error (just guess, it can be also memory error etc.). This error appears on clusters G and U.

Current situation, user downloads file using segmented downloading and Strong/Apex tries to save them into cluster G. So what happens? Yes, file will be corrupted. Normal downloading saves the file to cluster A, so file will be OK.

Another situation, user downloads file using segmented downloading and it will be saved to cluster J. So no file is OK! But later he wants to download another file using normal downloading and OS selects that it will be saved to cluster U. So where are we now??? File will be corrupted using normal downloading.

I hope, that now the problem is understable.

But I also realized another situation. The question is, when the corruption occurs. Before crash or after crash??? But time can't be detected, because Apex/Strong will report the corruption when it's detected, but not when it occurs. what I want to say:

a) corruption occurs before crash -> so when it is detected, Apex/Strong wants to fix it and it crashes during fixing. This means some HW bug in the PC.

B) corruption occurs after crash -> Apex/Strong crashes and file gets corrupted due to the crash (because OS doesn't flush to disk).

Both situations mean that the crash must be fixed. But in A) it won't fix corruption messages.

I know that now you will say "it's really situation B)", but you can't say it, because it can't be decided ;)

just a question. Do you use emulation for hubs above ?

And from which users you were downloading from when it crashed?

Im replying in the feature requests forum.

Blegh I should have kept it here and started a new thread, oh well.

I have asked for those threads to be moved here.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0