Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TYRRAM

mods

6 posts in this topic

I got the s12 and s13 apex speed mods and they are really good. Whats up with them ? I recently got kicked off tech geeks for using them. I didnt know they werent from you. I thought I saw someone posting something on here about the development of a client with the ability to have as many as 200 segments and I was sure he was part of the apex developement team. I find this client good and stable and doesnt eat up all my ram and doesnt hang up all the time. I could really care less about the 200 segments I know thats unfair but it doesnt mean its a bad client you dont HAVE TO set the segments at 200. Why are you guys against this thing ??

Read f.ex. Here and Here.

As for not having to set segments to 200, that is true but there are many many users that will always set segments to the max they can, even though in reality with most connections and correctly configured slow downloads disconnecting you only need 5-8 segments or even less... if you are on well sourced file.

And the mod has other "questionable" features as well, which have been covered in the two topics I linked above

It's time to stop giving this so much publicity on our forums, due to the post above confusing our program with the mod.

see closed post by SMT released mod -s8 of apexdc++ is this person not part of your development team ?? If the speed mod is not part of this project then why are there posts about developements on the mod ?? It made me think that you guys made this.

No, it is no part of this project, but there are posts about it because we don't mind people discussing other clients here to a point, maybe this is something we need to re-think if it's leading to confusion.

Merged topics.

No it's not from the ApexDC++ development team. If you have any further questions PM us. :)