MiRaGe

[bug] 0.4.0 disconnecting hubs

9 posts in this topic

hi there, i guess i have some problem again ... at my mother-in-law ...

when we start apex it connects to all hubs we want, but after a few minutes one hub sais connection timeout, and the hub disconnects us, then another and so on ... all hubs do it.

wether i set dc emulation on or off, turn the firewall off ... until they disconnect us, all downloads are coming pretty good. we didn't have this problem with 0.2.0 or 0.3.0, and the clients before.

what can cause this? any ideas? anyone?

i gotta keep friends with her if i wanna merry her daughter :whistling:

It is not obligatory to keep friendly with her, I mean mothers in law are assumed as legendary problem for all husbands everywhere. Better keep friendly with her daughter. :whistling:

Sorry for the above, I could not resist... :)

This problem looks like a connection problem, just like the I-net connection is dropped, especially if not receiving a notification from the hubs. Are you having a good ping at the time hubs disconnect you?

To use "ping", do Start>>Run>>ping www.google.com -t ENTER (I guess you know it, but still). You must get Reply from... If you get Request timed out, the connection is lost.

:stuart:

the connection is one of the best in hungary and of course we have a good ping :)

this problem is only coming when i use this client.

i thought first that the provider is doing some tricks, but others having no problem using dc from the same netsupporter company.

some days are passed now, i think i'll try again today, after work, and write again here what happened ;)

I have one more suspicion then, and Crise knows what I mean, but he is the person who should comment here...

Don't intend to offend you, but please double-check whether your share is good, slot ratio, and watch for any info from hub bots when disconnecting. AFAIK our TGO support hub is very tolerant, you will find its address in Fav Hubs.

Edit: Mirage, sorry that I do not responded to your PM, I was irresponsibly "ice-skating" (trying not to fall) at this time. :stuart: Hope the problem is gone forever. If you have changed some setting the last time, it may have been activated just after Apex restart or even after PC reboot. About my suspicion above, Crise said it is not related to hub communication in any way (it is a not well confirmed bug, so I guess it's better not to give false clues).

i've written some short message in private on the support hub to you zlobomir about it's okay now, but .....

at that time there were no huge download queues ....

i might guess that this whole thing happens when there are 4 or 5+ huge files are downloading simultanously (700mb or 1gb+)

when there are many smaller files, the problem is not present, but right at the time she starts downloading for example 2 dvds the hubs suddenly disconnect the client.

Then I guess it is smth to do with spam settings, search spam or smth like that... But in such case the hubs should report the reason for disconnect... Which are the hubs?

the exact list of hubs where this problem occurs:

Server="rap-hiphop.myip.hu:911"

Server="writersparadise.myip.hu:3200"

Server="diablohub.myip.hu:4111"

Server="goldengate-hub.sytes.net:4111"

Server="matrix-hub.no-ip.com"

Server="erotika.myip.hu:9811"

Server="elite.4242.hu:4242"

Server="dc5.abc-network.nu:444"

Server="thebasement.s-mnet.org:27015"

Server="420Kings.420NET.org:420"

Server="1.adrenaline-network.com:2411"

Server="scumbagz.no-ip.info"

Server="techgeeks.geekgalaxy.com:1411"

Server="junglist.no-ip.com"

Server="tarnowhub1.pl:5555"

Server="wanadoo.myip.hu:3980"

i wanted to add this before, but had veryvery much work ..... although everyone sais that ppl from india are really great and wrk hard and really good .... i cannot say the same :)

hope i won't be away for so long again soon :)

Really weird, at least Techgeeks is fine here.

yeah, wierd ... but it's working again now ... so i guess it's really the isp's stuff here.

as these kinda problems: "sometimes yes, sometimes no" mainly come from the non-constant stuff, like the internet provider.

problem solved? :)