Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr_rocknroller1961

downloads & uploads

4 posts in this topic

i'm new to apexdc++ why is it so hard for downloading files once the person whose is being downloaded from has disconnected or when no slots are available i send a request on granting me a slot and all i get is sorry i am away right now i might answer your call when i return only to be left for days even longer in most cases never to have the item finish i simply just delete the file or movie and in nearly every circumstance the person who i need the item from is uploading from me please let me know how i can get all running in both directions please mr_rocknroller1961 acca phil :)

i'm new to apexdc++ why is it so hard for downloading files once the person whose is being downloaded from has disconnected or when no slots are available i send a request on granting me a slot and all i get is sorry i am away right now i might answer your call when i return only to be left for days even longer in most cases never to have the item finish i simply just delete the file or movie and in nearly every circumstance the person who i need the item from is uploading from me please let me know how i can get all running in both directions please mr_rocknroller1961 acca phil :)

you will only get "sorry i am away right now i might answer your call when i return" or something like that because that person has set his client to be in "away mode" most likely because he's not available atm. though some users always keep their client in away mode...

but most likely people don't answer your reguest for slot because they don't like users asking for slots (sometimes referred as slotbegging)

but if your client is correctly configured, the dl should continue after the person you gueued the file from has free slots again... and thus you don't need to ask for a slot

Connect to more public hubs that have the files you want. :)

Yep, it is a little tricky in the beginning to remember to look for sources and free slots before to start your download. Maybe more a feature request, but why not define some limit - let's say 5 sources. Above 5 sources - green in Search. Under 5 sources - red in Search. Of cource, it depends on sources reliability, but it can be respectively connected with uptime, upload, ratio of the sources. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0