Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ð.Sp!dér

Double clicking downloads to 'Force attemp' or..

10 posts in this topic

It think it's userful and much more convenient then right clicking and selecting these options.

I don't see a "Force connection" option anywhere. Am I blind ?

Btw, I thought you were going to suggest Settings - Advanced - User Commands - Add - something speciffic...

You don't see force connection option there because it could be used for manual hammering of users :whistling:

(I only checked what options that dropdown actually had after writing that post)

Hammerig is good for the soul. You feed your imagination by hammering on someone. :stuart:

What's the point if I'm going to right-click > Force attempt, anyway ?

This would be a nice shortcut. Even though the big cheese himself Muscle said hammering's not very nice... I beg to differ. I enjoy hammering almost just as much as french fries or pizza. But that's just me...

A timer could be useful too if you're not into hammers. Force attempt every second instead of doing it "instantly" like a pro. :whistling:

This would be a nice shortcut. Even though the big cheese himself Muscle said hammering's not very nice... I beg to differ. I enjoy hammering almost just as much as french fries or pizza. But that's just me...

I would so ban if I saw you hammering me like that. Do you have any idea how annoying that is?

Why would I hammer if the download is going smoothly ? Are you the kind of user that disconnects people ? That's why I asked for this feature... So I wouldn't be bothered too much about you disconnecting me.

You disconnect ? Ok. Then think of it this way: I double-click, therefore I am. :) At least I'm faster then you'll ever be. So this could speed up the downloading process, and saving me some time. It'a faster to double click rather then right clicking and selecting "Force attempt".

This was bothering me when someone started a stupid disconnect war ! I think some users get the most pleasure when they disconnect uploads, not when they download. It wasn't an external connect so he didn't do this becouse it clogged (or choked) his downloads, it was going at full metro speed @ 2.5 MB/s. I even tryied to limit my download to 500 kB/s so his PC wouldn't lag and hopefully stop disconnecting. Nothing helped. He kept doing it !! PM's didn't help either. In the end he was a jerk (even insulted me that stupid f*cker) so I added his IP to the Peer Guardian's ban list. Great plugin, btw...

Lamest user of the week... And it was Tuesday !

So I started this topic because I accidently "Removed user from queue" instead of "Force attempt" because they're right next to each other, I was in a hurry and got lost in the routine. Doing this 30 times in a row could hurt your eyes. Anyway, I had to readd the source and I lost my slot in the time it took to do so. It was Ok, I waited and eventualy the user went offline. I know it's a sad story... But this feature would really be useful !!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0