Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMT

$Supports BanMsg

4 posts in this topic

banned users on speedmod, Domolink DC++ (and hopefully, in future in more mods) receive ban description via $Error, if client $Supports BanMsg. Otherwise, private message is used. it will be good, if official client will support this (it's just a few lines of code, commented with !SMT!-B in sources), so many users will get additional info without spaming PM. it's not a 'leecher' feature, because you dont ban anydody, just inform users

banned users on speedmod, Domolink DC++ (and hopefully, in future in more mods) receive ban description via $Error, if client $Supports BanMsg. Otherwise, private message is used. it will be good, if official client will support this (it's just a few lines of code, commented with !SMT!-B in sources), so many users will get additional info without spaming PM. it's not a 'leecher' feature, because you dont ban anydody, just inform users

Since it's for informal purposes only will maybe add this, so that it can be used when DC++ emulation is disabled :)

PS It's very, very bad if it's the user who decide on RULES not the hub. I can't image sharing would look like if every user will set something like : if You set "I love [mynick]" in description You'll get a slot, or "share 100GB to get slot" (even if he is sharing 7). If You don't like rules, or think hub is setting to low "standard" go for more quality one.

And anyway - why don't You think DIFFERENT way. Instead of banning users why don't You create a bonus slots, witch will work above standard ones (forced by the hub), and will benefit users who meet Your additional requirements?

In fact I may try to show up my private mod witch goes to the subject from this point of view, just need some time :)

Please consult the authors of these mods regarding the features they consist, this topic only for discussion about the usage of this additional support for informal purposes and informal purposes only :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0