Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hungarista

Feature Requests

2 posts in this topic

Ave peoples!

I found this great client nowadays, and I deleted all those clients which I ever used before this. That is that what peoples calls good work ;) Since when I use it, I've found some missing functions, which I will list here. I didn't want to open a new topic for it - this is an enough good collective for it I hope. So.

• Editable NMDC debug messages - Now "was kicked" messages showed in the mainchat instead of status bar, and it would be useful to filter needless messages - like winamp spams :)
  • Rename /find command - Well, as far as we know, /find command is for search users, since this command exist. I think this command in this context is totally un-necessary few users excepted. Logging and /log command solve this. /find <user/IP> would be more nice, and useful, but as I've read, it would use more resources :ermm:
  • Ratio in description instead of slots - To show the slot numbers in the description is a... :shifty: strange thing. It always MyINFO-floods the hubs, and shows the user, what he/she can know from the tag too. Ratio would be more nice: the user can know, if he/she deserve to start downloading from the user. This client has this feature, and I think it's good enough to add it to ApexDC too :)
  • Highlight - The above mentioned client has highlight function, it would be very welcomed too, and maybe with additional sounds, if possible.
  • Select user when rightclick on him/her - When I rightclick on an online username in the mainchat, a menu showed, but the user isn't selected in the userlist. I use it many times to see more information about the user.
  • More column into userinfos - Some other column would be useful, like hostnames, to know which user is from which country (most case the hostname ends with country-code). If client-information retrieved from checking, it also can be added into a new column.
  • Selectable statusbar informations - On the appereance page you should add some checkbox, to select which information we want to see: personally I want debug messages, and slots not.
  • Openable system.log - I would be very thankful if you can add an extra menu into View menu: Open system.log. I saw that was requested before, but who knows ;) Here we can check debug messages, and if I talk about that: ignored users message isn't shown, but nowhere shown! It would be nice to add to system.log: ignored message from <USER>: <MSG>
  • Renameable RAW commands - There is now five RAW: RAW1 -> RAW5 When I set up the forbidden things, it would be more easier, if they have names like: Ban3h, Nickban, and so on.
  • Multiline usercommands - This also would be important to me. My hub is half-private: users can connect to it, but just registered users can download, search, chat, see the chat, and PM. So when a user connents, I used to send them a message to give me a password, because this hub is private, and you can't ... until I register. This all in one line is very ugly :D
  • $UserIP support on favorite hubs - I think I needn't explain this, maybe if its added, than it might be UserIP2 support.
  • LUA support - As Zai4ik mentioned in first post, LUA support would be fine too, I am a LUA scripter, many problem could be resolved by this. This would be the most important to me :P

Thanks for this great client, I finnaly found a fine client, which is under developing, and I really hope my advances would help to make ApexDC++ the best client :)

Ps. Sorry for my 'Hunglish' :)

I know you didn't particularly want another thread, but these really does need one, the other thread shouldn't become too cluttered and there are a lot of seperate ideas you have put forward. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0