Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JazzMike

[Support][0.3.0] Slow to load

9 posts in this topic

I notice 0.3.0 takes considerably longer to load.

I am using a USB external drive and Apex appears now to

check the share before the program opens. In previous

versions it seemed to open instantly, and then check the

share after I had already joined a hub. This seems to have

changed.

Thank you.

Thanks for replies. Yes,. checks share before and would have to as you say. Perhaps I didn't make it clear. Now it seems to be doing a share refresh, "waking" up the external drive doing its count which for about 150GB on a USB ext. takes a minute or more. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong that this refresh is taking place before the program loads where it did so afterward in earlier versions. Now after joining a hub, mousing over for activity does not show 'file list refreshed' where it did after joining in previous versions. Hope I made myself clear. Thanks again

Well I can't explain why that was happening, but things seem back to normal.

I removed the share. Program loaded quickly as normal with no share. Provided a share on an internal drive. Program again loaded quickly as normal. Changed back to my regular share on the USB external. Again, loading normally once again.

I have no idea what happened, or why doing this "cleared" it. Just wanted to stop back and mention that,

Thank you.

I spoke too soon... just had to close Apex and reload,.. and again the drive is polled while the splash screen says ...loading shared files,. or whatever it says. Takes about 40-45 seconds or more. Not tragic. I'm just curious about the issue.

I had a similar issue... As I soon found a semi-detached SATA cable (the newer-the crapier :D ) it may be connected... Can you check with another drive?

And how you updated? Replacing *.exe and *.pdb?

Thank you. USB cable is fine. I have been just copying the new .exe and .pdb on updates.

I had a similar issue... As I soon found a semi-detached SATA cable (the newer-the crapier :P ) it may be connected... Can you check with another drive?

And how you updated? Replacing *.exe and *.pdb?

I had this problem too, try disable "Install magnet URL handler at startup" and see if it´s better. It worked for me.

Thanks, unchecked it. Didn't help. But afterward, opened and closed the program several more times and there was no delay. It seems to be a matter of whether or not the drive is 'sleeping' or not. Not sure.

I had this problem too, try disable "Install magnet URL handler at startup" and see if it´s better. It worked for me.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0