8 posts in this topic

If i wanna search the main chat i have to :

1. - right click

2. - select all

3. - copy

4. - open notebook /some other text editor/

5. - paste

and now i can finally use ctrl + F to find something

is it possible to import ctrl F? (or some other method for searching the MC)

If i wanna search the main chat i have to :

1. - right click

2. - select all

3. - copy

4. - open notebook /some other text editor/

5. - paste

and now i can finally use ctrl + F to find something

is it possible to import ctrl F? (or some other method for searching the MC)

use /f

Ctrl+F - cool feature... :D

Also now it's standard in windows world (F3 used only in Win... useless ability... TC and Far forever...)

But I don't know what combination used in Linux world...

We can resolve this problem in really ease way... When user press Ctrl+F in chat command /f will appear at text line... If text line already have text - DC must execute /f operation with this text as parameter...

...I think adding additional window for search operation not-so-good idea... :)

Ctrl+F - cool feature... :)

Also now it's standard in windows world (F3 used only in Win... useless ability... TC and Far forever...)

But I don't know what combination used in Linux world...

Well, applications that intend to be easy to use, with a userfriendly GUI, I believe normally also work with CTRL+F, like the most common browsers and text editors do. For shell based apps I think it's rather pressing '/' button and then typing the search phrase. But as far as I experienced during my excursions to the linux world, programmers can be quite inventive finding new key combinations and hiding simplest features. :) Though I guess that it sometimes might originate in the native language of the author. I've heard there are languages where the translation for "find" or "search" does not start with "f"... :D

I've heard there are languages where the translation for "find" or "search" does not start with "f"... :D

Also "search" word doesn't start with "f" letter. :)

But if Hotkey Manager (I talk about this feature in other topic) will be implemented this hotkey can go... far away. :) With HkM every can bind that combination, what they want. But if not - this hotkey will be implemented.

F3, by the way, is a standard shortcut for seaching, although I generally just think of it as "go to next result".

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0