Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
voyagerYx

DCTMP file assiciations

14 posts in this topic

I have a bug with dctmp file associations :stuart: in old times, when i had apexdc++ v.2.1 i opened with right click, then options,"opens with",and the file association after that,was with apex icon(when double click it opened apexdc).but now,in v2.2, it cannot associate with apex :( its associates with wordpad,and thats annoying.can you add in v.2.3 file association option for temporary dc++ files(DCTMP)? It would be superb. :P

this is more then likly because you double clicked the file at some time and chose to open it with apex. if you really want to associate dctmp files with apex do the following

start -> run

cmd 

C:\>assoc .dctmp=dcPlusPlusTmp

C:\>ftype dcPlusPlusTmp="C:\Program Files\ApexDC++\ApexDC.exe" %1

you will have to change the path of apex to what ever it is on yours but i think a better option would be to use vlc to open dctmp files.

Then try with the GUI: RMB on the *.dctmp, Open With..., Choose program..., (select the one you wish), check on "Always use this program for opening this type of file", OK

Edited by Zlobomir

zlobomir method will work and is less likly to give you a mistake. however you could try running 'command' instead of cmd

Edited by balder

You can't just Shift-RightClick on a DCTMP file, why? That is what you do in explroer to get the Open With... option? ...maybe I've not used explorer in so long I've forgotten, but I'm pretty sure? :S

You can't just Shift-RightClick on a DCTMP file, why? That is what you do in explroer to get the Open With... option? ...maybe I've not used explorer in so long I've forgotten, but I'm pretty sure? :S

I believe you need Shift only on Win 98. If he managed to run Apex on this antique, he will definitely not ask about associations. :D

I believe you need Shift only on Win 98. If he managed to run Apex on this antique, he will definitely not ask about associations. :)

Well good damm i din't notice that, i have alsways pressed shift even in XP :S. however in checking this i did notice that shift+right click on an exe gives the option for run as

I believe you need Shift only on Win 98. If he managed to run Apex on this antique, he will definitely not ask about associations. :)

Well good damm i din't notice that, i have alsways pressed shift even in XP :S. however in checking this i did notice that shift+right click on an exe gives the option for run as

Sorry to dissappoint you. Shift doesn't make a difference for Run As... either. :) At least on my PC. :D

As I say, I havn't used explorer in quite a while. I'll avoid explorer-related questions in future lol.

Directory Opus FTW

Sorry to dissappoint you. Shift doesn't make a difference for Run As... either. :D At least on my PC.

for a second i thought i was going mad :S. but it dose make a diffrence on mine :) win2k sp4

Edited by balder

for a second i thought i was going mad :S. but it dose make a diffrence on mine :) win2k sp4

Possible, I'm on XP... :D

for a second i thought i was going mad :S. but it dose make a diffrence on mine ;) win2k sp4

You should still be worried because didn't even know what OS you were using. ;)

well i have three four on the same pc with two and a half running at anyone time so its easy to forget :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0