Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NTTScooch

[Bug] Message of the Day

3 posts in this topic

I've having trouble setting up my ApexDC++ client to show the message of the day for hubs. The MotD is sent as "Private message from Hub" upon logon and works for LDC++. The text has the same color of that I set my private messages to.

I've having trouble setting up my ApexDC++ client to show the message of the day for hubs. The MotD is sent as "Private message from Hub" upon logon and works for LDC++. The text has the same color of that I set my private messages to.

This very well could be related to a problem I was having with a script in my own hub. Namely, the script would PM something like this: "[127.0.0.1] <amenay> blabla" From a registered bot. My other main clients (LDC++, CZDC, DCDM++) received PM's fine, except ApexDC++(see note at the bottom).. so what I did was change it to "<[127.0.0.1]> <amenay> blabla" in the script.. That fixed it. So for some reason, PMs or maybe messages altogether that don't begin with "<" don't bring up a PM, although, you can see it in debug messages.

Some MotD's are sent as PM's, and some don't begin with a botname, MotD

, or such.. therefore they'll just start off with text without the < .. Maybe this is where your problem is occuring.

Anyhow, this is a before and after for the problematic line in the script, if I wasn't clear enough. It's from SpamKing v2.1.. which originally by gg3k..converted by jiten, and with features added by NightLich and GeceBekcisi.

Before: SendToNick(v["sName"], "$To: "..v["sName"].." From: "..sMainChat.." $\[ "..curUser.sIP.." \] <"..curUser.sName.."> "..msg)

After: SendToNick(v["sName"], "$To: "..v["sName"].." From: "..sMainChat.." $<\[ "..curUser.sIP.." \]> <"..curUser.sName.."> "..msg)

If this is intentional, I'd be curious as to why, I can imagine it causing problems with other scripts..but most are rather easily fixed. But if it doesn't serve some purpose..maybe it should be looked into as a bug?

Note: I realised I should probably test this against the latest version of DC++, upon doing so there was a noticable difference. If I had no "<" the message wouldn't appear at all, if I had < in front with the script as shown above it would just appear in main instead of in PM from the bot. Like this:

[04:57] <[ 127.0.0.1 ]> <amenay> blabla

[04:57] <amenay> blabla

This is with the same PM settings between DC++ and ApexDC++, and occurs in DC++ .691 and DC++ .694.. yet not in .674. I'm not sure why the behaviour is different in ApexDC++, but it's prefable over no solution at all, as the case is with "plain DC++". Maybe I'm ignoring a setting elsewhere. Hope all that sheds some light on it for others.

This very well could be related to a problem I was having with a script in my own hub. Namely, the script would PM something like this: "[127.0.0.1] <amenay> blabla" From a registered bot. My other main clients (LDC++, CZDC, DCDM++) received PM's fine, except ApexDC++(see note at the bottom).. so what I did was change it to "<[127.0.0.1]> <amenay> blabla" in the script.. That fixed it. So for some reason, PMs or maybe messages altogether that don't begin with "<" don't bring up a PM, although, you can see it in debug messages.

Some MotD's are sent as PM's, and some don't begin with a botname, MotD

, or such.. therefore they'll just start off with text without the < .. Maybe this is where your problem is occuring.

Anyhow, this is a before and after for the problematic line in the script, if I wasn't clear enough. It's from SpamKing v2.1.. which originally by gg3k..converted by jiten, and with features added by NightLich and GeceBekcisi.

Before: SendToNick(v["sName"], "$To: "..v["sName"].." From: "..sMainChat.." $\[ "..curUser.sIP.." \] <"..curUser.sName.."> "..msg)

After: SendToNick(v["sName"], "$To: "..v["sName"].." From: "..sMainChat.." $<\[ "..curUser.sIP.." \]> <"..curUser.sName.."> "..msg)

If this is intentional, I'd be curious as to why, I can imagine it causing problems with other scripts..but most are rather easily fixed. But if it doesn't serve some purpose..maybe it should be looked into as a bug?

Note: I realised I should probably test this against the latest version of DC++, upon doing so there was a noticable difference. If I had no "<" the message wouldn't appear at all, if I had < in front with the script as shown above it would just appear in main instead of in PM from the bot. Like this:

[04:57] <[ 127.0.0.1 ]> <amenay> blabla

[04:57] <amenay> blabla

This is with the same PM settings between DC++ and ApexDC++, and occurs in DC++ .691 and DC++ .694.. yet not in .674. I'm not sure why the behaviour is different in ApexDC++, but it's prefable over no solution at all, as the case is with "plain DC++". Maybe I'm ignoring a setting elsewhere. Hope all that sheds some light on it for others.

I'll see what I can do with this information. Thanks stranger.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0