Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jewer

Please help me... What is this APEXdc all about?

6 posts in this topic

Hey I have a general idea of what it is about but I don't quite understand. Is it just like another one of those shareware programs where you have to connect to other networks... or hubs and download from the users within? I am not quite sure exactly what it is about. Can someone give me a basic explanation or give me a link if someone else made a topic like this.

Thanks guys,

Jewer

ApexDC++ is not a shareware programe it is open source and licensed under GPL (GPL-2 I believe). It is used for downloading, uploading and chating over the NMDC protocol (with the possibility of it moving to ADC in the future). This paticular client is based on StrongDC which is in turn based on DC++

Edited by Greg

It is a Direct Connect client that allows you to connect to a hub (server) and download/upload files with users connected to the same hub. :)

I am running this program but I keep getting this message,

"*** A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

What's the deal? I've clicked CONNECT to all these hubs but get the same message from each of them. I've looked all around and do not see any explanation for how to connect to a host.

Reporter i think you havent set up the emulation. Go to the yellow star on the top. Click on a hubname, choose properties. There you see use emulation for DC. You have to set this for all hubs. Good Luck

Beertje

IMHO it is more like a connection/firewall problem, since he does not get "Turn on your tags", as it should be if emulation is required.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0