Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stormlight

Don't stop downloading at missed file

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

if I download folders with APEX, it stops dowloading the total queue, if it cannot find a file which it should download.

If I come back to my PC several hours later, I see that I lost much time, as Apex has stopped downloading.

It would be very helpful, to have a togglebox:

'Automaticly set a not found file to priority paused.

Kind regards

stormlight

Please clarify what you mean by file cannot be found?

As far as I know, if the error encountered is "File not available" it will proceed to download files just fine (same should be the case if file has no sources). If there is an issue with these two transfer states it might be due to other features setting the priority of the file or preventig removal of invalid sources.

However, initially I am thinking that what you mean with file not being found is not what I am talking about above but rather something else, because I don't ever recall hearing of this issue before (and as far as download queue management is concerned, that hasn't been touched in years).

I sometimes get the information

SH_ 2017-02-23_001.jpg

If that error happens, Apex steady tries to download only that file and don't switch to another file. So the System stops downloading at that point.

I don't speak german (I think that is german anyway), but those kind of errors are propagated from the file system... my guess is that says the syntax for the file name or path is incorrect or invalid.

Which means it is not that the file can not be found but that ApexDC can not save the file on your system. There can be number of reasons for this, however, it should not stop other files from being downloaded. Unless, said errors are so common that they take up all the spaces for active downloads (see Settings > Downloads, under the limits section).

If the errors are so common that it is making it difficult for you to use ApexDC, I would suggest looking at the files that this error keeps happening with and seeing what they have in common (such as if they are all from the same hub or same users, or if their names seem strange in some way). Off the top of my head I would also recommend checking that your incoming downloads directory is set in a location that is always reachable.

With very long path names the archaic limitations on Windows file path length might also be what is causing this... if you need to have your files in such folders or if you routinely work with files that have long names I would recommend reading up on the matter because ApexDC will not be the only software with issues on those kind of paths (the linked StackOverflow question has some proposed solutions).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0