Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turtleface

Multiple Volume Hashing & Upload Slots Per Volume

2 posts in this topic

Ok, So when i hashed my file list (34.2TB) it took like 4-5 days. At the moment it only hashes one file at a time, there needs to be an option to hash each volume simultaneously.

For Example, i have 6x RAID 0 Arrays in my file server. They're different sizes and speeds but most average 200-350Mbps. At the moment it hashes one file at a time on my server at 200-250Mbps, if it were to hash multiple volumes at once, it could hash each volume at 200-250mb/s and would reduce hashing time by heaps.

-----

I do a lot of LANs, and the main problem with my file server is that if too many poeple leech from one array/HDD, everyone leeching from that array gets bad speeds. Network traffic isn't an issue at our LAN because we have a 10Gbe core switch, and 10Gbe Nics. There should be an option to set a maximum amount of upload slots per volume/HDD.

Example, each HDD has 3 upload slots, meaning that users can get maximum speeds, if anymore then 4 people leech from the same Volume/HDD speeds drop down to about 5-15Mbps for each user.

I have the same hashing issue with only 6 HDD's.

Adding to your second suggestion, I would like to automatically grant slots if someone tries to download contents in a specific folder. In other words, I have a folder with "special" contents, which should have a separate amount of upload slots. If one can specify global slots, and in addition also extra slots per volume/folder, it will be handy in your use case too.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0