citysoundman

Trying to download two different files with same hash...pls help

3 posts in this topic

I've run into a consistent problem. When I try to download a VIDEO_TS folder I can't get all the files. There are pairs of small files with the same name but different extension. One file has a .IFO extension and the other file (used as a backup for it) has the .BUP extension. But they have the same TTH hash (not sure why...) In any case it appears that Apex sees these as duplicate files even though they are two separate files, and Apex only gets one of these files.

I've gone through all my settings carefully. I do not have checked the setting labeled 'Queue>don't download files already in share'.

Is there a way to have Apex get the duplicate?

I tried another client Strong DC++ and ran into the same problem.

This is a known problem with all DC clients AFAIK... I don't know if there is a possibility to solve it permanently but you can work around it by downloading those files with same TTH separately one-by-one... that's what I did in same situations.

Well I did try a couple of other clients - Strong DC++ has the same issue - but DC++ (current version) downloads both duplicate hash files no problem. So I'll be switching to DC++.

As for your workaround the only way I could do that is to remove the first files from the quese AND remove them from the download folder - not a convenient way to achieve the result.

Thanks for the reply though.