Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mek

ADCS address parameters

2 posts in this topic

I am on one ADCS hub and I see a parameter named "kp" in it. It was told me that it is a keyprint:

adcs://(hubaddress).com/?kp=SHA256/5DKIILJVEZUZMHH5XS5V6FG3D77P32Q7HHHSFLOO44YG4UL3IHDA

Could someone explain more about this keyprint?

Where does it come from? Is it the same for all users in that hub (this particular hub is a private one)? Would a user wanting to connect to the hub be unable to connect if he didn't have the keyprint? Which algorithm beside of SHA256 could be used?

Thanks in advance.

I am on one ADCS hub and I see a parameter named "kp" in it. It was told me that it is a keyprint:

adcs://(hubaddress).com/?kp=SHA256/5DKIILJVEZUZMHH5XS5V6FG3D77P32Q7HHHSFLOO44YG4UL3IHDA

Could someone explain more about this keyprint?

Where does it come from? Is it the same for all users in that hub (this particular hub is a private one)? Would a user wanting to connect to the hub be unable to connect if he didn't have the keyprint? Which algorithm beside of SHA256 could be used?

Thanks in advance.

There is a lot of information on this over at the official ADC specification website. :)

It is the same KEYP for everybody connecting to that hub (mine matches yours). You should only use this if you trust the hub. Users can still connect to the hub, but as the spec explains it avoids malicious attempts to fool the user in thinking he is connecting to a legitimate hub, but infact has been redirected elsewhere.

Hope this helps!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0