Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mek

Encryption for NMDC

4 posts in this topic

So, nowadays you can set to "enable" or "disable" encryption (affects hub-client communication as well as down/uploads) - it is the first checkbox of the three checkboxes in Settings - Advanced - Certificates. I had to re-enable it to be able to connect to an ADCS hub (otherwise it said "Connection closed by remote host" when trying to connect). I am also on an NMDC LAN hub and I have bandwidth of 1 Gb/s. The encryption is effective in all hubs including this one which causes CPU spikes when uploading fast.

It would be nice being able to set encryption in ADCS hubs only (in hub-client communication) and leave file transfers unencrypted. What do you think?

Nobody thinks anything?

Now I realized that the problem I had a while ago still remains. Because i do not have the TLS/TCP port forwarded, I am not able to connect to passive users using newer clients (probably because they support TLS and I have set that TLS should be used in my settings). As soon as I unchecked that checkbox, I was able to connect to passive users and they were able to connect to me (without encryption, of course, but who cares).

Now I am stuck between two options:

To connect to passive users (and for them to connect to me), I should leave that checkbox unchecked.

To be able to connect to the testing ADCS hub, I should have the checkbox checked (otherwise it says "Connection closed by remote host" when connecting to that hub).

This looks like a serious issue.

Now I am stuck between two options:

To connect to passive users (and for them to connect to me), I should leave that checkbox unchecked.

To be able to connect to the testing ADCS hub, I should have the checkbox checked (otherwise it says "Connection closed by remote host" when connecting to that hub).

How is your connection settings setup? TCP, UDP ports forwarded? I haven't come across this problem.

Yes, you cannot connect to a ADCS hub without enabling encryption. :rolleyes:

Regarding your original request, it should be possible.

To be exact, my connection setup is as follows:

Firewall with manual port forwarding: TCP port 56000, UDP port 56000, TCP/TLS port 56001, UDP/DHT poort 56002.

Only ports TCP and UDP number 56000 are forwarded. I do not have control of port forwarding on or network so forwarding the two remaining ports (TLS and DHT) is not an option for me.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0