Minglewood

update 1.4.2 wiped out hash data

4 posts in this topic

I've been using Apex DC++ for a few years now, but this is the first time this has happened.

I had 1.4.1 installed and had no problem with it. I updated to 1.4.2 and saw my share was zero.

Although all of my original shares were still check-marked in the settings>sharing tab,

it was hashing all the files from scratch. I looked for the old hash data file, but it had been deleted during the update and was starting over again. With a 7TiB sharethis takes a long, long time.

What gives? Was this an intentional feature of the 1.4.2 update? If so the user might have been forewarned.

No, not intentional... as of right now I am still trying to figure out why is this happening to some people.

Another problem with 1.4.2...

After the update I still had my favs (users and hubs)

After the first reboot they were gone.

Luckily I have backups, but they don't work in 1.4.2 now.

Just to let you know.

Another problem with 1.4.2...

After the update I still had my favs (users and hubs)

After the first reboot they were gone.

Luckily I have backups, but they don't work in 1.4.2 now.

Just to let you know.

Did you run the installer and install dcppboot.xml into the ApexDC++ directory? This would be why your favourites are not being used when importing them back into the Settings folder. In this case, insert them into the hidden AppData/ApexDC++ folder.

Edit: I've created a new tracker issue regarding this. Please add to it if you have anymore information...